Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sex of Baby
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:08 pm 

I am so excited I go in for a Level 2 ultra sound tomorrow, the Dr. told me that there is a 99.9% chance I am going to be finding out the sex of the baby, the 1% chance is that the baby is stubborn and does not want to show of his/her bits... I can't wait!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:39 pm 

How exciting!!! I go in for my ultrasound on the 20th and hopefully we will be able to find out then..............good luck and i hope you get to see if it is a boy or a girl!!! Are you hoping for one or the other> or does it not really matter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:31 am 

Hi. I am new to the baby place boards. I just found out I was pregnant. I am about 8 weeks along. I can't wait to find out if it's a girl or a boy. Does anyone know how old the baby is before they can see that? Thanks. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:41 pm 

Goodluck. I think your Dr. did you give a pretty high percentage. I have 3 children, and two had ultrasounds. Neither of them would show there parts. Both of thse were girls. I did find out on the 3rd on though since I had amnio as well. The saying is that girls tend to hide themselves more. But don't count on that either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:21 am 

When I found out that I was going to have a girl. Her legs were opened. She wouldn't close them. But she didn't like being pushed on. And if it is a girl more than likely she will be up under your rib cage alot. I talked to alot of women, and the women who had girls said the same thing. They loved to go under their rib cages. The ones who had boys said that they really didn't move all that much. You can tend to find out what the sex of the baby is 19 to 20 weeks. I found out at 19 weeks. And just 2 weeks before that I found out that I was going to have a baby. I was 17 weeks and didn't know. So good luck to you all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:54 am 

So it's been awhile. Did you find out the sex?? What are you having???

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:56 am 

Hi there,
I just wanted to say to all of you first time mommies, don't be afraid to push on the baby a little to get him/her to move around. Some ultrasound techs are not willing to put in the extra time, but don't be afraid you don't get an ultrasound everyday.
Good Luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:11 pm 

Yes, I did find out and my baby is a BOY. We are very excited and we are going to name him Ethan Connor... Were you able to find out the sex of your baby??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:28 pm 

[quote="1sttimemom"]Hi. I am new to the baby place boards. I just found out I was pregnant. I am about 8 weeks along. I can't wait to find out if it's a girl or a boy. Does anyone know how old the baby is before they can see that? Thanks. :D[/quote]

you have to be 20 weeks for them to find out. i think maybe some doctors do it earlier, but mine waited until 20 weeks because at that point, they can also tell if there is down syndrome or spina bifida. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:55 pm 

Good for you, boys are GREAT! (I have one, and one on the way!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:17 am 

Congrats on the boy :D . I love the name!

It's been awhile since I had my babies, but I beleive 20 weeks is not the earliest. I think the VERY earliest is 12 weeks, but not usual. I think most Dr.s start to schedule them around 16 weeks. I'll look it up and see for sure. I had amnio with mine, so I found out from that. I think I did that at around 17 or 18 weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:49 am 

Well I investigated, and it looks liek most Dr.s book it between 18 and 20 weeks. but alot of people I talked to on another board said most of them were are around 18 weeks.(in the US) Canadians said around 20 weeks.
If I hear any more, I'll let you know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:00 pm 

when i had my first u/s the tech said if the doctors give me a chocie between 20 and 22 weeks .22 weeks is the best time to determine the sex so i am having one done soon like at my 21 week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:42 am 

Hi!

My ultrasound was done when was 21 weeks and they were able to determine the sex of the baby. They usually make it here around 20th weeks of pregnancy.