Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:19 pm 

Hi I am pregnant with my third child. I have a 8 year old and a 2 year old. How do you think my 2 year old will act when the baby comes. Because he is so use to being the baby and getting attention. Has anyone else already went through this? I just want to prepare before time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:56 pm 

Jaymmie wrote:
Hi I am pregnant with my third child. I have a 8 year old and a 2 year old. How do you think my 2 year old will act when the baby comes. Because he is so use to being the baby and getting attention. Has anyone else already went through this? I just want to prepare before time.

We just went through this with my two year old girl, who has been the center of the universe her whole life. We spent a lot of time talking to her about the "baby in Mommy's belly" and how she was going to get to be a big sister, and how special it was to be a big sister. By the time the baby actually got here, I think she was sick of hearing about it. We also were sure to get her a little "big sister" present to play with when she came to the hospital to see the baby for the first time. We got her a new little baby doll in its own carrier. It seemed to help immensely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:14 am 

Thanks for the reply. The big sister present was a good idea. Because when you are in the hospital they probally tend to feel like we forget about them to. I can't wait to try this with my boys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:42 pm 

We had a shirt and pin made for my niece when my other niece was born that said, "I'm the BIG sister". They were REALLY cheap to buy. She thought she was big stuff. Even people in the elevator commented on it and she wore the pin on her jacket for weeks!

We also did the gift thing when we came to the hospital. Anytime the baby got something new, we bought her something new for a while. We tried to also take her to the cafeteria for ice cream and stuff when the room got really crowded so she wouldn't realize that all the commotion was not about her.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:12 pm 

I guess some might think this is spam, but I'll post it anyhow. I actually SELL t-shirts for this occasion. If you're interested, email me at steve @ geeklogos.com.