Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Side sleeping problem
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:48 am 

I am almost 16 weeks so I have been trying for the last few weeks to sleep on my left side as I've heard I'm supposed to. I have always been a side sleeper so that part isn't a big deal. What I'm having trouble with is not being able to switch from my left to the right side throughout the night. Just sleeping on one side the whole time is making me stiff when I get up in the morning because I'm not moving around enough at night. When I have used one of those body pillows the same thing happens except I move even less because the pillow is in the way. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on what to do about it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:19 pm 

My birth class instructor told me that it's best to sleep on your side, but left OR right side is fine. She said people with high blood pressure are encouraged to sleep on their left side because it promotes proper blood flow. If you don't have high blood pressure, left or right side is fine. Don't worry! If the body pillow gets in your way, use a smaller one. I sleep with one between my knees which helps me sleep. Good for you for wanting to do the right thing for your baby! Already a good mommy!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:14 am 

Thanks so much for the info. I tend to run on the low side for blood pressure so that's good to know. That will really help alot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:10 pm 

I usually sleep on my back or left side. I have always heard that the left side is best but I forgot the reasoning maybe it was the blood pressure thing. I have not yet been told to only sleep on my side. If I get told that it will be extremely hard for me because I too get really sore and I can NOT sleep on my right side because I have had 3 surgeries on that shoulder. I will talk to my doctor about it on thursday.