Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: signs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:25 pm 

I need to know what signs other people experienced when they found out they were pregnant. I am on BC and have had all of my periods but have been gaining crazy amounts of weight for no reason for the last 2 months. I have gone up 2 bra sizes, I'm always tired, my stomach is getting bigger, I have been having lower abdominal cramps, I am extra emotional ( cry a lot and am more prone to be cranky) my test results were negative (I took it at night, does it matter when), I just have no idea what is going on with my body.
I was hoping people could tell me the signs they had and tell me what you all think. I'm not saying I think i'm pregnant but i have no idea what my body is trying to tell me!

THanks, Mandy :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:39 pm 

Hey well i just wanted to say that i'm feelin the same thing that you are feeling....i also came on to this bored hoping sumone could tell me the same thing that you are asking....i'm 2 weeks late and i also need to know so hopefully someone will respond.... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:07 pm 

I've been playing this "baby" game for the last 3 months now, and every month has ended up in disappointment for me. I still have an entire week before my period starts, but I took a test about 3 days ago and it came out negative. I've been feeling ok, my breasts hurt though. I just wish there was a way to find out exactly if these are symptoms of being pregnant or if they're just PMS. My husband and I have been having intercourse about every other day since the beginning of the month, which is why I took the test to begin with. So now what?? Do I just wait it out and go nuts? Or do I go get a bunch more tests??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:40 pm 

My husband and I were trying for well over a year to get pregnant and what finally worked for us was having intercourse two days before, the day of, and two days after ovualtion and Bingo! I got pregnant.
I bought a home preg. test when I was just over a week late with my period. The signs I was experiencing at that time (being a week late) were extreme fatigue, very emotional and cranky and that's about it. Soon after that I noticed my breasts getting slightly tender, a bit of a weight gain and was very hungry all the time!

The only way the three of you will know for sure if you are pregnant is
to have your doctor do a blood test......no more guessing.

Good luck! :D

Post subject: re: mandy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:33 pm 

Mandy,

I'm not sure if you are trying to conceive or not, but I can tell you that birth control can have some weird effects on you. Have you switched brands recently, or just gone on the pill? If not, a blood test WILL rule out all uncertainty.
I agree, it is frustrating that AF symptoms are so similar to pregancy symptoms.
When I was pregnant with my first, I had mild cramping, it felt like AF was almost here, no breast tenderness, that came later on...
If you have insurance, it shouldn't cost anything more than your co-pay to get a blood test. And from what I have heard, they pick up the HcG hormone within 72 hours of conception.
Good luck and God bless, I hope things turn out the way you want them too.

Kelli