Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: SLEEP ISUES
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:07 pm 

He just wont sleep! , he will do 4 hours then wakes up...
he does this like 5 times a night.... ive tried everything...

how did you get your children to sleep through the night! HELP im going nuts!

yes i have a mobile thingy, i tryed baths , bottles of juice,water.milk...
pacifier , car rides , singing to him, rocking him, changing him, lettign him cry a bit...

NOTHING WORKS

ive cut down the naps and tryed to keep him awake longer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:26 pm 

Hey sorry off topic but HEEEYY! Nathan is 6 months now? Holy crap! And you're trying for #2 now? LUCKY I want a #2 too but I don't have anyone to help me out in that department LOL!! How've you been girl? :D

How long has he been doing this no sleep thing? Is he fussy during the day? How many naps does he take? What time does he go down/get up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:56 pm 

yes 6 months almost 7 !!! ive been doing great i love this new mom thing :P but the sleep thing has got to stop! especially if i am gonna have #2 ill need rest :P

He takes about 2 naps a day
he will go from wakin up at 7 am to going down at 9 to about 10:30 ...... then around 11:30 i give him lunch .... he goes until about 1 :30 , then hes down from 1:30 to about 3 , 3 MAX ..... i tryed skiping a nap it made it worst.... he gets really fussy , maybe its teething but shouldnt there still be a way ?

he eat 3 meals a day , plus with bottles...

How r you? how is hannah?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:10 pm 

We're both good. Hmm do you have a bedtime routine? Like say supper play for 15 mins-half an hour then bath, then story, then put to bed with a bottle? That is what we do and it works good. Try making him stay up untill he gets really fussy then put him in his bed with a bottle. If nothing works and this goes on for a long time then you should mabey talk to your doc about it? Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:34 pm 

Six months is still early to expect a child to sleep through the night. Some children can't do it until they're well over 2 years old. It's just a part of motherhood.

Only thing I can suggest is to try to keep things dull at night or let him get up and play to wear him out faster so he goes back down again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:49 pm 

Oh how I remember and don't miss those days
there is no quick easy fix I found that white noise like a fan or static on the raido helped so did that lavender smelly baby bath stuff right before bed
and last but not least letting them just cry it out......yes I'm a huge believer in it. as long as you know there is nothing wrong let him cry sometimes babies have a hard time unwinding and well they cry I know it's hard to listen to it would go right though me but give it a chance just make sure that there is nothing medically wrong first.
Good luck to you, sleep is a wonderful thing it's funny how much we obesess about it when we're not getting it :) hope you get some soon!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:50 pm 

Maryam wrote:
Six months is still early to expect a child to sleep through the night. Some children can't do it until they're well over 2 years old. It's just a part of motherhood.

Only thing I can suggest is to try to keep things dull at night or let him get up and play to wear him out faster so he goes back down again.

My daughter is 19 months and still doesnt sleep though the night...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:40 pm 

My dd didn't sleep until close to 2yrs but I still have to get up at the crack of dawn, no more sleeping 'til whenever I'd like...all I can say is your're ready for your future children so sleep is a thing of the past, just a part of parenthood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:52 am 

I must be lucky-
My Nathaniel is sleeping through now. I won't tell you how tho. It's my secret. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:56 pm 

Cristi wrote:
I must be lucky-
My Nathaniel is sleeping through now. I won't tell you how tho. It's my secret. :P

That statement worries/scares me. The way you stated it it sounds like it's not a good way....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:17 pm 

Mom of 2 wrote:
Cristi wrote:
I must be lucky-

That statement worries/scares me. The way you stated it it sounds like it's not a good way....

Yeah, no kidding. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:48 pm 

He's still a bit young to be sleeping through the night. Some kids do it, but some don't. Whatever you do, DON'T CUT BACK ON NAPS. It sounds odd, but kids who nap well during the day sleep better at night. If he goes down overtired, he won't sleep near as well. Also, I disagree with the idea of taking him from his crib to play in the middle of the night. Then he'll just wake up and expect that. Don't make the middle of the night the least bit exciting. If you go in, comfort him but don't talk. Keep the lights off if you can. Do what you have to do to calm him down, and get out.

One thing I learned with my son and daughter, who were awful sleepers for the first 9-10 months, is that there may not be a solution. You may just have to do your best to stay sane on minimal sleep until he grows into a better sleeper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:49 pm 

Ever heard of controlles crying? You should be able to find details on it on any good parenting site- Dr. Christopher Green reccomends it. How ever I wouldn't use it until their over a year old,until then they just do what they do and you just have to go with the flow !! you wanted them!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:57 pm 

Cristi wrote:
I must be lucky-

sorry but this topic is and was to help me and other moms on tricks for bedtime.. if you dont have nothing to share then dont say anything at all and ignore the post sorry for sounding "bitchy" but i find it innapropriate of you to come here and shake your tail in our faces. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:07 am 

wow!! there seems to be alot of thread nuts on this board.. hahahahaha!!