Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sleeping poll
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:15 am 

We always put Jacob to sleep in his crib in his own room. If he wakes up before midnight, we put him back in his crib. If it is after midnight we are usually too tired/lazy so we bring him to bed with us. I also nurse him every morning in bed so if he hasn't woken up yet, I go get him and bring him to bed so that I can sleep longer. Just curious what every one else does...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:18 am 

PAyton is the same age as Jacob, after three months old I stopped nursing her during the night. If she got up I would try first to give her the binky and put the mobile on and rub her belly. If that didn't work I would keep her in her room and she and I would just sit on the rocker. Eventually she got the idea she wasn't getting fed anymore so she stopped getting up. Now I put her to bed at 8 and she gets up anywhere from 6-8. That's when I take her in my bed and nurse her. Then she goes back to her bed for an hour nap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:52 am 

my little boy stopped wanting fed around 10 weeks he is now 3 and a half months and he sleeps from 8pm untill 8am which is great.

My other to kids stopped at 6 weeks and slept all night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:11 am 
Lily started sleeping through the night around 2 to 2 1/2 months. She goes to bed at 7:00 and usually wakes up between 6-7. Every once in awhile she will wake up in the middle of the night but all I have to do is turn her music back on (she has gone to bed with the same CD since she was born) and she goes right back to sleep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:37 am 
kenzi pretty much doesnt wake up at night to feed anymore, the first few nights after she had been sleeping through that she woke up, i made a bottle, she took a few sucks and was out... so i think she just wanted the whole comfort sucking thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:06 am 

Justin starting sleeping through the night at 9 weeks (6-7 hours). Now he sleeps about 9 - 9 1/2 hours each night. (from 11pm to about 8-8:30am). If he wakes up crying in the middle of the night, one of us will usually go in and give him the pacifier. When he gets up in the morning we make an 8 ounce bottle. He drinks about 6-7 ounces and then we use the rest to make his oatmeal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:11 am 

My little one started sleeping through the night at about 2 1/2 months and has been ever since. She used to hate crib but now she is fine with it. I think what helps is the little helper she sleeps on, it keeps her in one place, now she may scoot down but still stays in the same place. Before her every movement would wake her. She too wakes up around 11 am but this morning it was 7:30 for her 7 oz bottle and oatmeal.

Melissa
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/brie04/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:11 pm 

I am surprised...Around here, when people find out that I am nursing they always ask if Jacob sleeps with us. I was amazed by the number of people who told me that they slept with their babies. Now none of you do so far!! Jake slept in his crib until I started back to work. That is when my husband and I decided that sleep was more important than keeping him in his own bed...Most of the time he does sleep until 4 or 5 in the morning. I consider that all night because I get up at 5:30 so I need to feed him before that.
Jake usually sleeps from 7:00-7:30 until 6 or 7 in the morning. Sometimes I have to wake him up at 7 to take him to my mother in law's house...which I hate to do! (Never wake a sleeping baby, right?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:38 pm 

Hayden usually goes to sleep arouns 8pm and wakes up at 4am... thats probably because my hubby gets up around then to go to work.. so that's about 8 hours. When my husband goes to work I nurse him in my bed and if he falls asleep before me, I put him in his crib but I often fall asleep when I nurse him..

It's not the best idea to have the baby sleep with you. my sister in law is having such a hard time to get her baby off of sleeping with her.. and he still wakes up at night to eat.. and he's 14 months old! he can't sleep unless he is near his mommy..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:01 pm 

I nursed both my kids and I have to admit in the beginning they would sleep with me. I started putting htem in the bassinett in my room but then they would wake up to eat and I would nurse them in my bed and fall asleep. Knock wood I was lucky neither gave me a problem. When I first had Mikey he and I would nap in my bed too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:08 pm 

Jack is usually asleep by 7:30pm or so, sometimes earlier if his afternoon nap was small or nonexistant. He usually wakes up somewhere between 3am and 4am. My wife goes in and nurses him and 99 times out of 100 he goes back down easily. He usually wakes up again somewhere between 5am and 5:30am. At that point he comes to bed with us. On a good morning he'll fall asleep while being nursed and sleep until 7am. We don't have good mornings very often lately. More often than not he's up at 6:30 or so. It's time to stop one of those feedings, I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:10 pm 

mybabyBrie wrote:
My little one started sleeping through the night at about 2 1/2 months and has been ever since. She used to hate crib but now she is fine with it. I think what helps is the little helper she sleeps on, it keeps her in one place, now she may scoot down but still stays in the same place. Before her every movement would wake her. She too wakes up around 11 am but this morning it was 7:30 for her 7 oz bottle and oatmeal.

Wait ... she wakes up at eleven o'clock IN THE MORNING?!? That's lunchtime! What time does she go to bed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:30 pm 

I'm jealous! Hayden is up pretty bright and early! I do fall asleep with Hayden in the bed with me sometimes, and if I do take a nap, he does sleep with me in the bed. It seems he has a better nap when he sleeps with me..

I dunno how you guys do it where you cut out their night feedings! I don't think Hayden would go back to sleep if I did that.. He's only slept through the night a few times.. I mean 8 hours is a long time for him.. but some of you gus are getting almost 12 hours! that's so unfair!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:54 am 

DadSteve wrote:
mybabyBrie wrote:

Wait ... she wakes up at eleven o'clock IN THE MORNING?!? That's lunchtime! What time does she go to bed?

What does it matter! Shes up alot during the day. Every baby is different. It surprised me to , doc said it was fine how much she was sleeping, it wasn't for any speific reason and she was eating what she was supposed to but I think now its changing due to this mornings time. Whatever gives my baby the rest she needs.

Melissa :D :D
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/brie04/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:11 am 

[quote="HeatherHerzek"] It seems he has a better nap when he sleeps with me.. [quote]
I used to have the best naps myself when I was cuddled next to the baby