Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: sllep question again
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:28 pm 

My daughter is 19 months old and she is having a few sleep issues. Here is a little background. She transitioned to one nap when she was 16 months old. She was napping for about an hour and a half during the day, then sleeping from about 7pm to 7 am. This was great by the way! So she got sick about a month and a half ago and her naps were cut down to half an hour and she woke up crying. She was sleeping ok at night. She is feeling better now, but she still naps only a half an hour and wakes up crying, however she is waking up a lot in the middle of the night. I am guessing she is overtired now, that is why she is waking up in the middle of the night now. So, what do I do? I am not responding to her when she wakes up after a half an hour from her nap, so this isnt from a poor habit that started on my end. Any advice? Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:02 am 

Don't know for sure. My kids always sleep crappy for a little while after they're sick. A month-and-a-half is a long time, though. Have you had her checked for an ear infection?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:01 am 

Actually, let me clarify Steve. She was sick two months ago with an ear infection, was put on an antibiotic and we found out that she was allergic to it. So she was put on a steroid to counter the reaction. Then she had a fever, some virus I am assuming. Then she was fine for about almost two weeks then she got the flu last Wednesday. She has seemed to been over that since Sunday. I know that there is a period of adjustment after they are sick, but she didnt improve at all during those two weeks she was better and no improvement yet since Sunday. How long does it take usually for your kids to sleep better after they are sick?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:47 am 

Hi Megan's mom!!
Just to be sure she is okay I would take her to the doctor just for a check up. Twice my daughter had a sore throat that I had no idea of until I took her to the doctor. And seeing she is getting over the flu she could have another ear infection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:44 pm 

Thank you, yeah she may still have something going on. I will give it a couple of days, if it isnt better I may take her in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:46 pm 

Keep us posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:09 pm 

OK, so I took her in on Saturday because she had a fever of 102 again. She has yet another virus. I am really ready to have her be healthy again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:59 pm 

Oh I am so sorry Megan is feeling so badly. Did they give her antibotics? Is it in her ear? Please let me know when she is feeling better. Good luck