Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:24 am 

I had my first official OBGYN appointment with my new doctor yesterday. According to my last cycle I should've been just over 10 weeks along. But after the ultrasound :lol: they found I'm more than 11 weeks along!!! It was so cool to see the baby. It was squirming around and we heard the heart and got a couple pictures. Kind of made up for the whole peeing in a cup and giving blood parts of the exams. I'm so excited! I just wanted to share. I cannot wait until the 20th when we tell our families. How did you all tell your families and friends? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:39 pm 

I brought my mom flowers and she asked why. Then I said guess what? She said, "you're pregnant!" I said yep, you're gonna be a grandma ( I wasn't trying but she somehow knew when I said guess what). Everyone else I just called and told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:40 pm 

i had to call everyone because i live far away but when i called my mom i didn't even have to say anything. she said it was a mothers insinct and she already knew. i was like thanks mom you could have said something so i could have knowen sooner :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:32 am 

Thanks to the two of you who have answered. I really would like to hear how others have told their family and friends. With my in-laws we will have to just call them. They're on the East coast and we're in the west. But my parents live close, so we're going to dinner with them on Saturday night to "celebrate my husband and I being together for 3 years" when the real reason we want to go out is to tell them we're having a baby. My mom has been asking for a Christmas list for awhile and I keep telling her I'll get it to her by Thanksgiving. So we're going to give them Christmas lists that night. It will start out normal...I want a sweater, perfume, etc. that kind of stuff...then we're going to start listing all sorts of baby stuff and then put on the bottom "P.S. Please don't go out of town within 2 weeks either direction of May 30" I can't wait to see the looks on their faces. I'm an only child and they want grandkids so badly! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:24 am 

My husband and I were living in New York when I got pregnant. The closest family to us lived in Tennessee (both our mothers). We just had to call and tell them.

Originally I had planned on mailing my mom a bib that said I love Grandma on it. I decided though that it would probably be better to tell her. She didn't believe me at first. She thought I was messing with her. It took twenty minutes for me to convince her. My husband didn't help at all. When I handed him the phone he told her I was messing with her and that I wasn't really pregnant. He likes to joke around a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:33 pm 

I'm a grandma to be, and since I have stepdaughters who have children, my daughter just told us when we were scrapbooking one night. But her MIL and FIL, who have no grandchildren at all, were on a trip at the time, so David and Katie plotted a special way to tell them. MIL does counted cross-stitch, so they found a Noah's Ark sampler and asked her whether she could do it for them. When she said she wouldn't be able to get to it right away, David said, well, there's no rush - you have about nine months. Then it hit her what they were saying. She is even more excited than me - if that's possible!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:59 pm 

My husband and I were trying for about 4 months when I took a pregnancy test and it came out positive. My husband and I were so excited. It was my father-n-laws birthday two weeks after we found out that I was pregnant. We got him a card that said Happy Birthday Grandpa on it and that is how the grandparents found out. Everyone is so excited and can't wait to see the new baby in March. :P

Kimberly - 12/29/81
Nathan - 03/12/79
Married - 07/19/03
Due - 03/29/05

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:50 pm 

I just came out and told my mom. But it seems like every time I tell her she already knows.