Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:06 pm 

well i am 36 weeks and 5 days my ultrasound revealed so my due date is now march 25th. i have been having cramping some severe in my pelvis and the baby is turned with head down right in my pelvis but not engaged. if my water doesn't break how do i know the contractions are real. will the pain be so intense that i can tell??? its been so long since i had my daughter and i am concerned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:19 pm 
well the contractions will steadily get stronger, and they will be more regular than clockwork :) hope all goes well:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:51 pm 

Yea, if it's "real labour" they should get stronger, longer, and closer together. If thats not the case then I don't think you should worry. Good luck! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:56 pm 
You'll know when it is time. That was the one thing I was freaked out about and would ask all the time, but when the time came I just knew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:17 pm 

If your water does break, believe me you'll know! I was so worried I would have a false alarm, but I woke up at 7am when my water broke, it was very scary... I told my husband when I got back from the bathroom and he didn't believe me because I had played the joke "my water broke!" a hundred times.. then I had to show him. I read that normally when your water breaks contractions don't start getting steady for a few hours.. not for me! I had about 15 minutes.. just enough time for my hubby to shower, then we drove to the hospital while I was screamin' like crazy! So believe me, You'll know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:29 pm 

Ewwww! They broke my water at the hospital and it was the most disgusting thing in the world! GUSH. and it just kept coming too. And every time I got up to go to the bathroom woosh! All down my legs and everything! HAHAHAHA! That was sick...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:32 pm 
I had the epidural and cathider (spelling sorry I am bad at spelling) when they broke my water so I never felt it but my husband was watchuing when they did it and it was the funniest thing! He just about passed out and puked at the same time. Lily had Meconium so my water was gross looking he said. It gave me a good laugh watching him though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:40 pm 

With me they put me on the pit and broke my water in the same hour. I got an epidural WAY after that. When I wanted it. They gave me something called a "walking epidural" or somthing like that so I could still get up and go to the bathroom (barely) with help from the nurse but thats all the walking I could do. I could still feel my legs and everything but there was no pain from the contractions. I did however feel the pressure pain when Hannah was ready to come out... you know what I mean by that right? That REALLY uncomfortable pressure you feel? Did you feel that with your epidural? (God I hated that feeling :shock: ) I don't know why I felt that and I could feel enough to walk but I didn't feel the contractions...I dunno it was weird. Therefore I didn't get a cathader (I don't know how to spell it either HAHA!) Untill they NUMBED me completely to have the section. Trust me you did NOT want to feel you water gushing out Krissi. EWW! Thats funny about your husband though lol!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:48 pm 
I had the BEST anethesiologist.......I felt NOTHING!!!! No pressure, no contractions! They told me when to push and I did it :lol: I had her out in 1/2 hour!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:33 pm 
i had my water broke when i was ready to push... felt nasty.. lmao!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:39 pm 

AWWW I LOVED my anastheseologist! He was AWESOME! and cute too lol! The rest of the hospital staff (with the exception of a few nurses) SUCKED but he was great! He made jokes all through my section cause I was so scared and exausted and I was shaking like a leaf! :roll:

When they took me off the epidural "so I could push" (I KNOW I could have pushed without them turning it off IDOTS!) The contractions WAY WAY overpowered that pressure pain feeling...Yea I didn't even feel that after they turned it off...You are one lucky girl! Half an hour! WOW, that is great! I pushed for 3 with no avail, with no meds :shock: ... :? HAHA ancient torture chambers aint got nuthin on me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:05 pm 

I didn't have an epidural! I told myself over and over that I would never do it.. and the pain was nearly unbearable because Hayden was facing the wrong way so I had sooooooo much back labor that I really thought I was going to die! My sister-in-law had a Doula for her 2nd pregnancy, so she coached me a lot. My back labor was so intense I did use stadol* (dunno if I spelled that right) so that just took the edge off the pain between my contractions, not the pain of the contractions. Next time, I'm going all natural with NO medication at all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:54 pm 
More power to you girl! You are brave! I must admit I could NEVER do it natural! Send in the drugs!!! Lily was 8 lbs 9 oz and I am sure the next one will be bigger! Plus after 4th degree tears with Lily I don't want to chance ever having to feel that! I admire any woman who can do it naturally though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:23 pm 

This is weird but I just remembered right now that I used the gas during my "labour" It didn't help AT ALL! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:47 am 
wow krissi, you had a 4th degree tear? I had a 2nd degree Cut and it sucked.. i had a cold and was coughing all the time, talk about painful! how long did it take to heal if ya dont mind me asking