Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:52 am 

Well now that I know for sure I am pregnant, I'm very nervous! I have a couple of questions about early pregnancy. Is it all right to take One A Day Women's (a multivitamin)? I have been taking it for a while now.... I know that I have to start taking a prenatal vitamin. Is there anything I shouldn't do right now that would harm the baby (besides the obvious, like smoking and drinking)? I have a doctor's appointment for March 29th, but until then I need to know what I should be doing or not doing.... I just don't want to hurt the baby!

Thanks for any help.

-Nessa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:28 pm 

Before you take anything...call and ask your doctor!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:33 pm 

Umm not really...don't stress out and yea smoking/drinking/drugs are a given. Don't do any strenuous or exerting exercises. Don't take any meds without asking your doc first. Also you may want to ask him/her if theres anything specific you shouldn't do. Congrats on your pregnancy! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:54 pm 

Taking "Womens One A Day" shouldn't hurt the baby at all infact if you were taking them before you got pregnant you were already getting folic acid which is really important for baby. When you go to your Doctor they will give you prenatals with a much higher dose. The best thing you can do now is not stress enjoy being pregnant and stock up on LOTS AND LOTS of sleep :lol:
the whole 9 months is an amazing ride

Post subject: Thanks guys
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:19 pm 

Thanks guys, I'm a little bit less anxious now. I'm so excited! Thank you guys. Yeah, One A Day Women's had 100% folate, so I guess it's good for the baby!

-Nessa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:12 pm 

Like the others said, I'm sure the vitamin won't hurt the baby and was good for the folic acid which is important before conceiving for things like preventing spina bifida. You can get over the counter prenatals if you want to start taking them now. I took them with my second because the prescription ones made me so sick with my first and they're not very expensive. Also like someone said not starting any new exercises or lifting very heavy objects and enjoy your little miracle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:39 pm 

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't panic to much when I found out I was pregnant at 23 weeks I started thinking the same thing, Just it was to late, i had asked the nurses and doctor and told them everything that I had done or taken they said that it shouldn't have hurt the baby any, I think I took Tylenol PM every night since last summer,but quit taking them at the end of NOV. so they said that tylenol should be okay to take even with me taking them everyday. I think I had a few drinks through out the 5 months, but not enough to get drunk, just maybe 1 here and there. just around the holidays, but they say that she seems to be growing fine and should be okay, DUE MAY 4th - MAY 6th. but I think i will go early. well see!!!!!

GOOD LUCK, and yes it will be a ride of your life!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:28 am 

I know for sure that you don't want to be taking a multi-vitamin and a prenatal vitamin. Just like the other person said, ask your doctor! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:16 pm 

I would ask your doctor or I usually ask a pharmisit. Taking your prenatal vitamins have all the vitamins you'll need. mandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:38 pm 
or.. you can also buy a pregancy book and read it all.
there is plenty info on what to do in the begining not to harm the baby.
read just first couple of chapters and you are set

I am sure that the bookstore near you is full of them
first comes to mind:
"What to expect when you are expecting" it has it all

but maby others recoommend other things.

also search the internet on

"pregnancy things to avoid"
0r "pregnancy safety"

go to www.google.com and type what you need to know

and you will find tons of info