Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:32 am 

Hello ladies

I havent been a member of this site for very long. However, lately I find that you have to be careful what you ask.

If this is a site just for ladies who are pregnant then would somebody kindly let me know and I will therefore ask questions elsewhere.

I myself know that the only answer to whether or not I may have conceived is by taking a pregnancy test. However, there are a lot of ladies who do like to ask questions to see if anybody else is or has experienced what they may be going through at this time.

I enjoy asking questions and wondering whether I could have conceived especially if others have experienced similar symptoms and found out that they were pregnant. I also know that symptoms differ between individuals and somebody having the same symptom as me doesn't necessarily mean I have conceived or that I haven't for that matter.

It is a way of supporting and helping and even making friends and knowing that there are other ladies and your friends who are going through what you are going through.

I have found it quite distasteful some of the messages that ladies have posted. I felt that you don't want to speak with girls who are still ttc, you only wish to speak with girls you have been successful. That is not nice! Not everybody feels this way of course but the fact that a couple of messages have been posted to say if you think your pregnant take a test (reading between the lines means, sick of answering and hearing so go away and if you are pregnant then come back!!) You have to remember that you too was once in the ttc stages. Also, some ladies experience symptoms very early and have taken at test but it has been too soon to show the hcg levels to register positive on a test. These ladies again like to ask questions to see if others have had similar experiences and gone on to take a later test which proved positive. It is the excitement of it all and that is why we are eager and like to ask.

I do not wish to offend anybody here but I find that some of you have offended me.

So, to you ladies who would like to discuss whether you may have conceived before you take a test then please feel free to send me a private message (should the moderators allow this) for I know of a couple of places that will be so glad to meet you, answer your questions and befriend you for everybody at one time was at the ttc stage and we don't ever forget those ladies. Not only this, some ladies do get pregnant and unfortunatley miscarry (like myself) and find themselves back at the beginning.

Good luck to all of you.

I am sure that I will get some feedback on this (some good and some bad).

Maybe the moderators could open up a further section to this lounge and call it the TTC support group?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:32 pm 

I'm sorry if I offended anyone in any way. I try to be as diplomatic as possible, but that's not always that easy when you can't say something in person. Written word can be taken in so many different tones, often times not how they were meant to be.

I also believe that this board gets trolled a lot. If you just glance through some of the threads on the first two pages you will see what I mean. It's really frustrating answering the same questions over and over again, especially when you get the feeling that some one is just jerking you around. Unfortunately sometimes that frustration gets taken out in the wrong way.

Again, I apologize if I made you feel unwelcome in any way. I wish you luck in TTC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:52 pm 
well this is mainly a comment on the idea of a TTC board, that would be neat, i dont know how often it would get posted on though, the birth board seems a bit slow, but it would be a neat idea to have just in case.

Amelia, i wish you luck on TTC, i hope everything goes well and as planned, i also apologize if anything i may hav said offeneded you, i tried to stay out of it, but i threw my two cents where it was needed.
the last thing we need in our little support group is hostility.

:):)

Melisa

Post subject: Amelia and everyone else
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:08 pm 

I can understand and empathize with both sides.

With the women expecting, and the tons of hormonal and physical changes that are going with thier bodies. Its understandable that patience is what is required in waiting for the arrival of this blessed child, but patience goes only so far and then the stress with carrying your baby can play a role in losing patience over some things, that normally would not bother you.

With women that are TTC, I can relate to, because I am one of them.

I think there are some young, uneducated, teens having sex, or even attention getters, that no matter what you say, it won't ever answer and fulfill what they are really looking for, and that is attention.

This makes it hard for the true TTC-ers, that have thier own frustrations with such an undertaking as conceiving. We relate to the women expecting because you had a time in which you were in our shoes, and I guess we want to be reassured and encouraged that in time we will leave this group of TTC-ers and join the group of Expectant moms.

This also makes it difficult to decifer who are true TTCers and who are attention seekers. I think we need to keep in mind that TTC-ers are women that need as much support as expectant mothers and that we are getting plagued by "flamers" (I think that is what you call them; attention-getters is how I see them).

I mean we can clearly see that the flamers have achieved what they are going for. They have gotten your attention and stirred up the hornets nest.

I would only ask the expectant moms to remember that thier are true TTC-ers here and we can sympathize with losing patience with the "flamers". Just please do not lump TTC-ers with "flamers" is my only plea with the expant moms.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

~ Becca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:47 pm 

I'm not appologizing for my posts to the ones saying 'I had sex , am I pregnant." Those aren't comments about TTC and aren't answerable questions. However, I welcome ones from those who are truley TTC. TTC are valid posts if as long as they don't ask that one burning question. This is just my personal opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:27 pm 

Here's just an idea. If you don't want to answer a question someone post then don't answer it. But let them post whatever they want. There may be someone on this board who is willing to answer them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:08 am 

Hello ladies

I would like to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time to read my post and air your views.

I am glad that there has not been (so far) any hostility on this.

I have noticed that not many postings or answers are made on a daily basis and feel that it is quite a small lounge to visit and so therefore maybe a separate section just for ttc would not be the answer.

I think it is a good idea that any questions can be asked and as already suggested by one lady, should you not wish to reply or respond to the question then do not.

I never believed that trying for a baby would be so difficult. This is month 22 for me. I am no spring chicken either for I am 40. I waited quite a few months before trying to seek help from you ladies and other ladies elsewhere and I found that asking questions and knowing there are people there who will listen and try to help was a great comfort.

Again, I would like to thankyou for your feedback and comments and to all of you ladies who have been successful I hope that all goes well for you and to those ladies who are still ttc, good luck I really hope it will happen soon for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:46 am 
I agree with Jenna. If somebody is sick of answering any question, I wish they stay away from that thread without posting a reply. That is even more easy than to post something that 'MIGHT' offend others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:24 am 

Thanks Kisha. I woke up this morning thinking I may have been banned from here. LOL!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:46 pm 

WOW!!!!! I'll have to agree with momof2...I don't mean to offend anyone...not sure if I have BUT I am sorry nontheless!

Amelia, dear, you are such a sweetheart and I cannot wait untill the day when you post to us with the news that you have conceived!

HUGS!

Kayla :D