Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:27 am 

Hi, I know many of you must be having this problem too. Ever since probably the first week of pregnancy I had gotten sore breasts. Now, this is nothing I have ever felt before. I do like one aspect of it though. Only 12 weeks pregnant and my breasts have grown at least a cup size, they are so big to me and I love it, so does my boyfriend, but he doesn't get to touch them because it hurts way too bad. The nipples are so big now too, that part is wierd. Just waking up is aweful because it feels like a Peterbuilt 18-wheeler is running over my breasts. Also getting undressed is an aweful experience. I thought they would get larger at the end, when the oxytocin caused breast milk to form. Will they be this painful untill breast-feeding is done with? I'm really not looking forward to throbbing breasts for the next year.

Post subject: Sore breasts
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:52 pm 

Here are some tips that might help. Always wear your bra only take it off the get a shower, don't lay on your stomach, and the really good news is it won't hurt this bad the whole pregnancy. I hope all goes really well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:40 pm 

This may sound funny....but it works!
Cold cabbage leaves!! Go buy a cabbage, wash it, and separate the leaves. Put the leaves in a large bowl in the fridge for about an hour or longer so they can get really cold.
Once the leaves are really cold put them inside your bra so they cover your breasts completely. They will feel really cold at first but will do wonders for the pain. I used them when I was drying up my breast milk and had heard about this from a friend of my aunt's and also on the internet.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:43 pm 

I forgot to mention that once you have worn the cabbage leaves for about a half hour or so change them because they will become warm and you will start to smell really rotten :lol: like rotten cabbage :shock:

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:07 am 

Thanks for the advice girls. Hopefully I won't smell like rotten cabbage, but I have to try it