Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:31 am 

Ok first off i'm sorry for asking so many questions just again being over here in Germany and having a German doctor they don't tell you really anything and I have i guess the worst doc out of all of them. Ok so here it is and again im sorry for asking so many.

First one is the weight thing. I have yet to gain any weight! BUT my stomach has grown a little and my thighs are HUGE!!! OH by the way i'm 14w4days along! I've tried talking nice long walks with my husband and dogs and it seems like every time my tummy grows a little my thighs grow 5x times as much. YOu would think if i was gaining weight then i would understand but so far i've lost about 5 pounds from what i was at before i got preg! My mother says i might be retaining alot of water but i'm just not sure what the prob is! ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT!

Next is pains or maybe the baby moving. They say (the book what to expect when expecting) that at this point the baby is moving but the kicks and everything are still pretty weak and you probley won't feel anything for a nother month or so! But i can just be laying down or sitting watching tv and i'll get this pain in my rib cage and cant breath. Do you think the baby is just up there in my rib cage playing around and thats whats causing me to loose breath. It not something that lasts a while maybe at the very most a minute or so. THis morning i woke up with pains in my VERY low stomach for about 10 minutes or so then they went to my right side which lasted about a minute or so then they went away. was the baby possibly sleeping in my lower stomach on something and then when readjusting hit my side then finally stopped moving and thats why the pains went away?

I'm sorry i have so many questions i don't have anyone else i can really talk to about this and my husband thinks i'm crazy every time i say i think the baby is up playing in my rib cage! Any ideas are greaty appreciated. Thanks
Tara

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:01 pm 

HI THERE,
I WOULDN'T WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT THE WEIGHT LOSS. ALOT OF WOMEN LOSE WEIGHT IN THEIR FIRST TRIMESTER, BUT NOW THAT YOU ARE IN YOUR 2ND TRIMESTER YOU SHOULD START GAINING WEIGHT. I AM 16 WEEKS ALONG AND I'VE LOST ABOUT 30 POUNDS SINCE I GOT PREGNANT BUT ITS B/C I HAD GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY IN NOVEMBER. THE DOCTORS SAID THE BABY WILL BE FINE AS LONG AS I TAKE MY VITAMINS AND EAT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. AS FAR AS THE BABY PLAYING IN YOUR RIBCAGE GOES...THE BABY IS STILL LOW IN YOUR STOMACH. YOUR UTERUS ISN'T EVEN PAST YOUR BELLY BUTTON YET, SO I DON'T THINK ITS POSSIBLE FOR THE BABY TO BE PLAYING AROUND IN YOUR RIBCAGE....BUT I COULD BE WRONG :?

JESSICA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 10:23 pm 

First of all, it is okay to ask questions... I am here in the US and asking a lot of questions!! :D Anyways, I am 24 weeks and 6 days... fixing to be 25 weeks and my womb goes all the way to my ribs... but the baby is still lower around the belly button area. At 14 weeks I could feel the baby lightly kick around, but this was very low in my stomach. It mainly depends on how you are built as to how soon you may feel the baby. The pains in your lower stomach are probably your round ligaments (I think that is the right words!!) stretching. I had to ask my doctor about them because they hurt me so bad... and I believe that is what he called it... either way it is when your ligaments in your pelvic area are stretching as your bones widen to make room for your growing baby. They hurt because it is just like stretching muscles that haven't been stretched before. Try to take some Tylenol if they hurt.. this usually helps! Almost every woman will lose weight when she is in her early pregnancy. I didn't start to gain weight and kinda show till like 22 weeks and in most of my clothes you still can't tell I am pregnant. This mainly depends on what you eat, and how well you exercise. I've tried to eat healthy and walk a lot. I also do a video tape workout called "Fit Moma" it is so wonderful. It is salsa dancing, prenatal yoga, delivery prep and stretches that make you feel wonderful and help those stretching ligaments!! But, if you consume a lot of sodium you will retain more water and gain more weight fast! Also, fruit juices and coke will cause you to gain a lot of weight. Also, you probably aren't getting larger, but just feel like you are because you are trying to watch your weight! *** Do not worry about asking too many questions!! It's better to ask a lot and know what's going on. Than to have no clue what is happening and something could be going wrong!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:26 am 

Thanks to both of you! I"m sure i sound pretty lame I just have no one I can talk to about pregnancy things around here and family is crazy and tells be a million different things and i doubt not even half of it is true! :) I swear being over here in Germany is such a pain and the military doctors won't even talk to you so all i have is my German doctor whos consumed with him self and doesnt say anthing at your apptiments! Anyways thanks again for the responses and i'm sure i'll be back plently more with other guestions.

P.S. Kendra congrats on just getting married and do you happen to go to another website called army wives website your info looks familier?? Sorry if i'm being to personal