Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: spotting on the pill?
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:42 pm 

So I am just about to finish my second month on the pill. I'll start the inactive ones sunday.

Saturday, my boyfriend and I had our first exprience not using a condom.

I have been VERY lightly spotting these past few days. I wouldn't even call it spotting. Just my normal discharge has a red tint to it. It happened about the same time in the first pack.

what could be causing that?

Could it be that the prescription is too low (I'm on ortho tri lo, but maybe i need to be on the reg one, not lo) and is allowing breakthrough spotting?

I'm going to be honest, I don't take it at the same time every day, but it is ALWAYS between 6am-7:30am. I just don't have a regular life schedule, so some days I get up later than others. And some I go to bed earlier or later. But it's consistent within an hour and a half time span, which the package says is ok.

or, goodness, could i be pregnant? it's only been 3 days of this very slight red tint.

i used to get this before my period even before i was on the pill. but i thought the pill would stop that.

any ideas?

thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:19 pm 

Well, it takes the pill a month to "begin working". But, I seriously doubt you are pregnant. I would just say it is from where you had unprotected sex for the first time. This has also happened to me before. I didn't take my pill on any schedule except for I took it daily... and that really didn't cause it. But if it gets worse you could consult with a doctor to just make sure nothing serious is going on, but I seriously doubt it. Good luck!