Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Standing baby
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:19 am 

One thing that Hayden does that absolutely drives me crazy is he never wants to sit down when i hold him, if i hold him he stiffens his legs and wants to stand.. so he tries his best to try to keep all his weight on his feet... i'm telling you, his legs like become 2 wooden boards then get so tight! it makes me so crazy because he WILL NOT sit down! He just loves to stand of his legs... anyones baby do that too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:21 am 
That is one of the only things that makes Lily happy. She has been doing it since she was 2 months old. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:45 am 

I 'm too scared to let him stand on his own.. i think he could, but it still worries me that he isn't strong enough to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:20 pm 

Do you have one of those exersaucers or something like that that he can stand in? Jake was like that too, always wanted to stand. He is still like that only now we have to hold his hands while he walks around the house (sore back!!) That always makes him happy. We have a car that he can stand and play in and he loved it when he was younger because then he felt like he was standing on his own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:27 pm 

thats a good idea.. i never thought of that!

his legs are so strong that if i put him in his bouncer seat he pushes himself around and practically falls out if i don't buckle him in! his legs have always been moving him around.. even when he was really tiny, he'd push himself into the corner of his crib in the middle of the night!

I'm surprised he hasn't put bruises on my tummy from kicking me while i hold him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:50 pm 

Does anyone have any recommendations about which exersaucer thair child liked a lot? I looked at the prices and I want to get the one that he'll like the most... because those things are pretty pricey for a baby's toy..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:57 pm 
I did not get the excersuacer, though I wanted to, my husband said we had to much already. I got Lily a walker and a Hop n' Pop and she loves them both!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:21 pm 

I'm not sure i want to get a walker because there really isnt much room for it to move around since my house is mostly carpet.. I'd like to but I'm afraid it won't work. I hope I can find something that'll make him happy, because now.. at least for the past few days.. the only thing that makes him happy is standing or me giving him my absolute undivided attention. I was lucky enough to get him in his swing, which he's almost outgrown, and he actually fell asleep! I was so happy.. he was been wearin' me out these past few days..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:04 pm 

Mikey loved the exersaucer. The ones at Babies R us are nice. Mine is two and a half years old and I see they have come a long way since then. my sister in law just registered for a really nice one.
Payton does that stiff leg thing when I am trying to get her in the seat in the bath. Ugh it kills my back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:06 pm 

The exersaucer is definitely the way to go. They're wonderful inventions. If you lived in the Richmond, VA area I could sell you one. Wife is having a yard sale on Saturday and a bunch of our baby stuff is going out the door.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:14 pm 

I think my cousin is righ by there. I should have her swing buy to check out the great sales.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:04 am 

Here is the one we have and Jake loves it!!

[/url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005QBXC/qid=1110978412/br=1-9/ref=br_lf_ba_9//102-8135303-4264933?v=glance&s=baby&n=542462[url]

[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:10 am 

Okay, I usually have no problems figuring out how to use and do things on computers. However, I cannot figure out how to make this link. (I will ask in another thread)
Go to Babies R Us, look up play centers and walkers,stationary entertainers. Ours is the Rockin' Jitter Buggy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:22 am 

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... y&n=542462

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:31 am 
kenzi does the standing thing too... only now, the only way she is satisfied is if i have her propped up on her belly so she can kick her feet, and i think she thinks she is getting away so she is happy for a long time.. gpa is buying her an exersaucer next week