User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:26 pm 

IS that the cola stuff? That stuff is nasty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:09 pm 

jmom wrote:
Just for future reference- what kind of anti-nausea medicine do you use? Steve, I hope your kids are feeling better by now.

The pharmacist suggested Emetrol, and it seemed to work quite well. It's not the cola stuff. I seem to have a recollection of what you're talking about, Jenna. Once I finally got Hannah to keep the Emetrol down last night at about 12:30am, it really did the trick and she made it the rest of the way through without throwing up. I gave her a little bit after lunch (crackers) today and that ended up being the first meal since yesterday's breakfast that she kept from coming back up. She's doing MUCH better now, and had a good dinner. Now, of course, Jackson appears to have a touch of it. He's not throwing up (thank goodness) but he's been running a fever and is quite lethargic. I think I've got that same touch he has, as I've been draggy all day.

Good times ... good times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:22 pm 

I think you are getting sick steve from being worn out. Two kids getting sick on and off would make anyone drag. How is Mrs. Steve holding up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:55 pm 
Oh! That emetrol is great stuff! THats what got me through my morning sickness when I was pregnant with Lily!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:58 pm 

Krissimace wrote:
Oh! That emetrol is great stuff! THats what got me through my morning sickness when I was pregnant with Lily!

Wish we'd known about it. My wife had HORRIBLE morning sickness. She never threw up, but she was nauseous 24/7 for the first three months both times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:00 am 

jenna103 wrote:
I think you are getting sick steve from being worn out. Two kids getting sick on and off would make anyone drag. How is Mrs. Steve holding up?

Could be. I'm feeling okay now. Might have just needed some time to chill out. Mrs. Steve is fine. She's a strong lady and is smart enough to get plenty of sleep .. unlike me. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:16 am 

I didn't know I could take stuff like that while I was pregnant. Why was I torturing myself????
How was your night last night Steve?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:05 am 
When I went for my first check-up they gave me a big list of "IF YOU HAVE THIS SYMPTOM, TRY THIS FIRST". Since it is a military hospital they give out that so pregnant women don't come in for just the littlest sneeze or littlest bit of morning sickness. But that was on there for "regular" cases of morning sickness. Ofcourse if it eas severe they told you to come in. So I got it and it helped. I still could not eat anything but I did not feel as nausuas. Jenna, you should try it in the next few months when the new one is on the way! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:28 am 

Oh you are cute today huh. LOL!!
Actually over the weekend I was saying mean things about you. LOL!! REmember we had that whole twin conversation. Well, I still haven't gotten my period. No biggie. But on Sunday my husband asked me to make hima grilled cheese. i tookone look at the cheese and went running to the bathroom and earier in the day I had gotten sick while changing Mikey's diaper. My husband started flipping out. He was convinced I was pregnant. I didn't think I was but then I said if I am I'm gonna send Krissi the nastiest e-mail. LOL!!! I took a test and it was negative. I was gonna go on the other board and see what peope thought but they are nasty over there. LOL!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:49 am 
OMG! I ALMOST felt bad for a minute :lol: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:17 am 

Oh my your a little sassy today. We are gonna send you over to the other board. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:25 am 
NO WAY!!! Did you read my official last posting over there? I said it was getting way to nasty over there and I was just going to stick to the parenting side and that is what I am doing :) I go and read the posts over there but I am not posting anything over there till things cool off :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:09 am 

jenna103 wrote:
How was your night last night Steve?

Well, Hannah is back to normal. Jackson is still acting like he's not feeling well, but he mostly just wants to sleep. I can live with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:00 pm 

No, I wasn't there today. After I wrote my nasty post I thought I better stay away. LOL!! Trouble on the chat board. LOL!! I'll stick over here too. I just would look at posts to see if there wasn't anything I could do to help anyone. We should put a post any new people with questions about being pregnant or getting pregnant come over to the parenting board we talk to anyone. LOL!!
I'm sorry he's not feeling good but your right don't complain when they want to sleep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:25 pm 

It never ends around here. Jackson is in fact still sick. The minute the Motrin from earlier in the day wore off, he spiked a 104 fever. We called the on-call doctor and she said it just sounds like the flu that's going around. We gave him more Motrin and he went to bed .. the poor guy.

Have you ladies ever actually watched a fever spike like that? It's kind of scary actually. He didn't feel terribly warm, but he was just whining and shivvering, and couldn't get close enough to me when I was holding him. He really didn't settle down until Mrs. Steve nursed him for a bit. By then, the fever was at 102. Interestingly, he actually perked up at that point and was a little better. That was when I realized what was going on. That sucker spiked FAST. Later, when the Motrin broke the fever, he reverted back to the whining but this time he wasn't shivvering, he was clammy.