Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: still bleeding
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:36 pm 

i had my baby four months ago and i am still bleeding and having lots of pain in went to my doctor and he said nothing was wrong but i think there is :( [/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:39 pm 

Hi,

I agree with you, this does not seem normal. Did your doctor even examine you??
I would definitely get a second opinion somewhere else......maybe a walk-in clinic. It's your body and your health, so please go to another doctor for a second opinion, even a third opinion if necessary.
Doctors are human and make mistakes and some doctors don't really LISTEN to their patients, and just want to rush you in and then out.

I had an emerg. c-sec with my son so I obviously had pain for a few weeks and bleeding. By the time I went for my 6 wk check-up I was fine.....my doc said to be concerned about any heavy bleeding(soaking pads), any large blood clots and pain (not related to my incision).

Good luck and hang in there :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:39 pm 

I would definately go see another doctor. That does not sound normal at all. Plus you could be anemic from so much blood loss. I would think you would need to take some iron pills. I had to take them with my first. The people I know who delivered vaginally bled for up to 6 weeks then went straight into their period for another week. I haven't heard too many longer than that. Especially if you are still having pain. My deliveries were c-section so I only bled a little bit for a few weeks. I was feeling pretty good at my 4 week check-up. I hope you find an answer soon and good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:44 pm 

I would say it doesn't sound right. I guess it would depend on how much bleeding. I did for a good 10 weeks and I was even nursing, but only 6-7 weeks for my first two. There are different factors to consider. Is it bright coloured or old, and is there an odour? Do you have a fever or anything which could mean that they didn't get you cleaned out properly. You should do one of two things. Demand that your doctor give you a proper examination and explain why it is happening, if it is ok. Or, get a second opinion.

Good Luck!

BabyBain