Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:13 am 

Okay, I have a six and a half year old little girl...When I got pregnant for her, I was only 17, so my body stretched beyond belief. I went from 117 lbs. to 174 at delivery...it was horrible! The women in our family all seem to gain the most weight with their first one, so I was no exception I guess! Anyway, I just recently found out I am expecting again, and would like to know if there is anything I can do to keep the stretch marks I already have on my sides from getting any worse, or if there is anything out there that will help them? I am petite and practically the size I was before my daughter was born, but the stretch marks on my sides are just horrible.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated please! Thanx ladies!
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:54 am 

use olive oil or cocoa butter. take baths with some oil in it, peanut oil is excelent :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:52 pm 

I tried cocoa butter when I was pregnant with my first, but I never used it enough...only sparingly...

Thanx alot...I will be sure to get some and try that!

BTW, does it help with stretch marks now, or just helps prevent getting more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:01 pm 

i have seen olive oil soften up old stretch marks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:51 am 

WONDERFUl. lol. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:26 pm 

*Crosses fingers* *Knocks on wood* I am almost 7 months and I have been using cocoa butter. I haven't any stretch marks yet *again knocks on wood*, but I am not really that big either. Some say that it is hereditary, and others say that it is what you do while you are pregnant. So, good luck. (There is this stuff that you can order through a pregnancy magazine. Epregnancy I think. Anywho, it has 'lotions' for the different trimesters. It is guarenteed to work, or your money back. But, it costs around $150 per trimester. So, I guess it is up to you how much you want to spend on it.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:26 pm 

Oh, we can't be spending that much on lotion! I already have stretch marks from how bad my body stretched when I was pregnant with my daughter. I am very petite and she weight eight and a half lbs. I just want a simple solution to "help" (if possible) the stretch marks I already have and prevent any new ones from coming about. I have enough as it is. I don't want to end up looking like one big stretch mark by the time I'm done having children! I got a long way to go! I'm only on #2 and I want at least 4 or 5 total if possible!

Ugh. My poor body. Gonna go thru hell. lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:21 am 

I was told that stretch marks run in families so if you are prone to get them you will no matter what. BUT I had them bad w/ first baby and they have not gotten any worse w/ this one which is good. Actually I'm 7 months now and just started to see the old ones stretch out a little. I haven't use a thing at all this go around. I used every remedy in the book w/ baby #1. Good luck and I hope the the coco butter works for you. I do here that it will help them reduce quicker after delivery though. Maybe this is why mine just didn't seem to really show much afterwards. Either way I'm glad that they didn't appear early this go around.
Amy :P