Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stretch Marks
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:11 am 

Hello Everyone,

I had some questions for you ladies:

1. Did you get stretch marks during your pregnancy?
2. When did you start getting stretch marks?
3. Where did you get the stretch marks?
4. Do you think there are any creams or lotions out there that help OR do you think if you are going to get them you are going to get them?

I am 20 weeks & 5 days and haven't gotten any stretch marks YET, but, I still have a long way to go! Thanks for your help.

Amy W.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:22 am 

olive oil ! cocoa butter. when i had the twins I used olive oil and came out without a mark. ive had 5 and none to speak of just a couple. sounds like you wont have any either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:02 pm 

I've also heard that cocoa butter lotion works. I've never had stretch marks before, but I see on a lot of other skinny girls that they got stretch marks on their love handles and below the belly button on both sides. They do end up looking pretty scary and I don't know if they ever go away??? so I am going to use cocoa butter hoping it helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:07 pm 

With my first I got big marks. My first I got stretch marks on my breasts and hips. Second I got a few on my belly. The ones on my hips are the worst. Couldn't tell you when they started. Second one's were definately way later than the first. They do eventually fade and over years don't look so bad, but never go completely away. Mederma is supposed to be good, but it's VERY expensive. Cocoa butter, vitamin e, olive oil suposedly just help the outside of the skin-soften it up, but mederma is supposed to do something to the collagen in your skin. Not everyone gets them and others get them horribly. Hopefully you have very elastic skin. Good luck and congrats on your preg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:51 pm 

Hi,

Thankfully, I never got one stretch mark with my pregnancy. I used cocoa butter every night, it also helped with itching when my tummy got really big the skin was pulled really tight.
I have heard that these creams can not really prevent stretch marks, and if you are going to get them, you will get them regardless of what creams you use. I still wanted to use something on my skin, but like someone else mentioned it just depends on the elasticity of your skin. If you have been prone to stretch marks in the past with gaining and losing weight than you will be prone to them during pregnancy.