Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sugar Test
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:38 pm 

I go Monday to get my 4D ultrasound done at 8:00 a.m. and then I have to go back at 1:45 that afternoon for my Sugar Test. I have been told that if you drink orange juice before going to an ultrasound the baby will move more... I done this before my regular ultrasound and she moved a lot for us (which was amazing)... BUT my question is.. I have the Sugar Test at 1:45 so will this effect the test?? Does anyone have any other ideas that would make the baby move for the ultrasound?

Is there anything special I need to do the night before or that morning of the Sugar Test?? All my doctor told me was that my next appointment (Monday) I would get the test done... he didn't go into detail about it or tell me anything about it. :?

Thank you!

Post subject: sugar test
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:38 pm 

Hey... When I had my test done I was told that I couldn't eat anything past midnight the night before the test.....Anyway...I probably would just call your doctor and ask him if you can eat or drink anything before the sugar test was done....Good Luck :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:45 am 

Same here. Couldn't have anything past midnight, except water. Foods/drinks obviously effect the results. Is there a reason you want the baby to move? I wouldn't be concerned about it.