Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Suggestions
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:13 am 
Me and My boyfriend are wanting to have a baby ... if any of you have any advice or suggestions to help us out please let me know ... Thank you so much

Post subject: suggestions
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:05 pm 

Hi and good luck. You should definatly start to take a multi vitamin everyday with at least 400-800 mcg of folic acid and at least 30-60 g of iron. If you smoke and drink quit, and there are also software programs (like on webmd.com) that can help you identify your most fertile days by putting in your last menstral period date and your cycle length. Become familiar wih your cycle lengths, period dates and lengths, and dates you and your boyfriend have sex. Most of all relax. Sounds like a lot of work but me and my husband did it this way and we got it on our first try. Just so you know the average time to conceive is about 6 months to a year so don't panic if it does not happen right away. Good luck and have FUN (that is the most important part)!!!! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:11 pm 
thanks for your help ... I hope that it happens the first time because we are very anxious to have this kid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:22 pm 

Are you planning on getting married?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:08 pm 
someday yes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:18 am 

As already mentioned, it does take some couples a long time to conceive. For others it happens easily. It also seems that the more you stress about wanting to conceive, the less likely you are to manage it. If you want to increase your chances, stay horizontal after sex for half an hour or so. Perhaps raise your pelvis by putting a pillow under your hips. Make sure your partner hasn?t ejaculated in the days leading up to O to keep the sperm count high. And try to relax and enjoy the baby dancing. A female orgasm is also believed to make it easier for the sperm to reach their destination.

Btw, to make ttc-ing more fun, there?s a selection of ttc designs at http://www.cafeshops.com/materni_tee/220948

Another thing you might want to do is read up about pregnancy and birth. There are some books on these topics at http://tinyurl.com/2rdhd
I would be interested to hear more about your situation if you feeling like sharing more of your story. And if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Best wishes.