Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The babys sex
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:52 am 

I wanna know if my baby is a girl or boy but i dont know how far along i have to be till my doctor can tell me does anyone else know??

Post subject: baby's sex
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:24 pm 

Its usually when you are 4 months. I go when I'm 19 weeks to find out. Thats only if the baby will open its legs for you to see. :)

Post subject: Hey There!
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:30 pm 

Hi there,

I find out tomorrow and I am in my 17th week. I am so excited!!! :lol: Your babies gentials are noticable about 13-14th weeks but most doctors do an ultrasound around 18-20weeks. During that ultrasound they do a full scale anatomy of the baby and thats when you find out the sex if you choose to do so. Most doctors don't like to do an ultrasound to early, the earlier the smaller your baby is and harder for your baby to stay still during the exam. Hope this helps. How far along are you? We are getting the ultrasound done a week early because my inlaws are coming to visit and we wanted to find out before they get here so we can tell them in person. First grandchild!:) Talk to your doctor. Some will let you get an ultrasound a little earlier but not much earlier. Good luck and have a great pregnancy! :)

Amy W.

Post subject: due date
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:47 pm 

Hey Amy W,

When are you due? I'm due around Nov.1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:59 pm 

Hi,

I found at after having my first ultrasound at 18 wks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:48 pm 

Well im due january 4th so im about 8 weeks along but i dont wanna wait to find out the sex

Post subject: Hi hi
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:19 pm 

Hi Jen,

I am due Nov. 7th, so we are very close, how exciting!! Have you felt any movement yet? There have been a few times where I thought I might of felt something but still unsure. I can't wait until I know I am feeling those kicks and punches. It will be reassuring and so far I worry all the time if everything is ok. I guess that is normal. Are you planning on finding out the sex? Dh and I want to, we want to be able to buy and prepare with the right colors:) Well, and for financial reasons. Good luck with your pregnancy and I hope everything goes great for you. :D

Amy W.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:51 pm 

Ya i wanna know the sex so i can have the baby shower and the apropriate clothing anf colors too, but i do feel a bit of movments im thinking it could just be my intestines or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:15 pm 

Most doctors wait till you are about 19 weeks to do the ultrasound to determine the sex... because if not it will not show that well. Just to let you know my b-day is January 5. :wink: Congratulations and good luck!

Post subject: 17 - 20 weeks.
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:44 am 

As others have explained, you can usually tell the sex of a baby from between 17 – 20 weeks. But that’s if the baby cooperates. If you want to share the news with the world, there are designs that announce the gender at http://www.cafeshops.com/materni_tee/220380 if it's a boy or http://www.cafeshops.com/materni_tee/220385 if it's a girl.

I would suggest that if the gender can’t be seen straight away, it may be better to wait rather than keep scanning. There are indications that the scans may be uncomfortable for babies, and the long term safety of the radiation hasn’t yet been established.

Post subject: The baby's sex
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:17 pm 

Hey Amy W,

I think I have felt movements but I'm unsure. I can't wait until I know for sure. Yes, I do want to know if its a boy or girl. I go for an ultrasound next week and I'll be 19 weeks then. I can't wait to buy clothes. I also want them to be sure its the sex they say it is because they do make mistakes even thought its rare, you know? Are you starting to show yet? I am some. I have to go know. Please post what the sex is when you find out,ok? Good luck to you too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:40 pm 

i know this is an old thread, but for anyone reading the older ones. I live in upstate NY, and it seems like it depends on location and the doctor. I had my first ultrasound at 14weeks3days. The tech said they can see the baby the best at around 22weeks, then after that they can't get as good of a picture. So, I have to wait untill 22weeks to find out the sex.
The first ultrasound was amazing though, it's the first time it is actually real, and you can hear the heart beat. You realize there is really another person inside of you. They measured the head and femur bone, which can tell them exactly how far along you are and when you are due!!!!!!! good luck everybody,
Jessica

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:35 pm 

I AM 20 WEEKS TODAY AND I HAD MY ULTRASOUND DONE WHEN I WAS 18 WEEKS. THE BABY'S LEGS WERE BUNDLED UP SO THEY COULDN'T TELL ME. THEN ALL OF THE SUDDEN THE BABY STRETCHED AND THE TECHNICIAN SAW WHAT SHE THOUGHT WAS A "PEE PEE" BUT THE BABY BUNDLED UP AGAIN SO SHE WASN'T SURE IF IT COULD OF BEEN THE UMBILICAL CORD. MY NEXT U/S IS JULY 29TH AND I CAN'T WAIT B/C I WANT TO KNOW SOO BAD WHAT I AM HAVING.