Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: They babys heartbeat
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:36 pm 

Okay i havent posted in a while but anyways on the 13th i went to go hear the babys heart beat and i was almost 14 weeks at this time (now i am 15 and two days) they ma could not find the heart beat is that normal the doctor told me it was and that to go back this monday and see if they can hear it if they cant then they will send me for another ultrasound. i am a bigger girl who is overwight to begin with i have not gained any weight yet which the ob said was fine she doesent expect me to gain more than 20 pounds. this kind of scares me i mean i thoughts what if my baby is dead. althought i know it is not i have had movement begining at like two days before this all happened. and i still am having it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:33 pm 

If you're feeling movement, and if your doc said that everything is fine, then you have no reason to worry! Stress is bad for the baby remember? :) It is normal to sometimes not be able to find the heartbeat right away, and I'm sure being "bigger" might have something to do with that as well. And I wouldn't worry about the weight thing either! RELAX! It sounds like you and the baby are doing just fine! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:59 pm 

Try not to worry. Especially if the doc wasn't worried. I am a bigger girl too, and when I was pregnant with my son, it was a little later than usual for me to hear the heartbeat. Sometimes, you just cen't get a good echo until a little later. And, beging a bigger girl, the tissue is more dense, so the ultrasounds and doplar aren't quite as simple.

Also...just fyi...I actually ended up losing 6 pounds during my pregnancy. One visit, I was up a little, and the next I was down. It all evened out, and I can out on top! Haha!!!

Keep us posted. I wish you the best of luck with your pregnancy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:27 am 

well i went yesterday and she found it but lost it so we have to go get an ultrasound done tommorow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:52 am 

well Im glad to know they are sending you for an ultrasound. Because its the truth, sometimes the little boogers just DO NOT want to be found! When I was about 5 months..mine was hiding and it worried them, so they sent me for an ultrasound and everything was fine! They do love to play hide and seek! So no worries Im sure everything will be ok! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:29 am 

I wouldnt be worried at all - especially if your Doc said not too :) They can be soooo tricky to hear that tiny heartbeat!!

I had an ultrasound on Friday and Im nearly 10wks - Im pretty slim and yet they had to push my stomach so hard just to find the baby. It was very uncomfortable. So perhaps if you are a little bigger it may be a bit harder to hear. Dont stress :) - it will be there before you know it.

Babies just love to shrink away from ultrasounds :lol:

Rik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:09 pm 

i went today to the ultrasound and it was fine my baby is very health more active than it should be she said but thats okay she had to chase it around for a while but she got it so it has a good strong heartbeat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:32 am 

Good to hear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:14 am 

Wonderful news!