Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 6:26 am 

Hey, I know i probley sound getto or whatever but I just thought it was funny that I had a little something in common with both of you. AmyW I am also due November 7th and AmyV I also go in for my Ultrasound to HOPEFULLY find out the sex on June 11th! I just thought it was kinda funny and strange I had a little something in common. :) Have a good day!

Tara

Post subject: Armywife
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:54 am 

I am guessing that from your name you are indeed an army wife. I am also an army wife! Another thing we have in common. We are stationed in San Antonio, TX. My dh works in radiology. We are moving again mid July, don't know where yet. They are saying that we won't find out until 2-3 weeks before we are suppose to be leaving!!!! Thats the army for you. :roll: oh well, what can you do? Where are you stationed at? What are your views on the military life? Is this your first child? We find out the sex today, yeah!!! Anyways, enjoy your pregnancy and God Bless!

Amy W.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:31 pm 

Doesn't sound ghetto at all. You're middle name isn't Amy too is it? :lol:

How far along will you be when you go in for the ultrasound? I just can't wait for mine!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:01 am 

Hey, i'm sorry it's taken me FOREVER to get back to both of you.
AmyW ya i'm a army wife! I hate it with every passion in my body. The 3am wake up calls for pee tests when you're just getting to sleep again because it seems impossible to get comfortable!! I honestly don't think I have anything nice to say about the army life it just totally sucks especially when everyone else around you gets really nice apartments and you're left with the ones falling apart when everyones the same rank! I only have a year and a half left and i'm so counting!
Thats crazy that their saying you won't find out where your going until about 3 weeks before you go. they usally always tell you i think 2 or so months in advance so your husband can clear and get everything packed for the movers! Who knows though this is the army! :D
Anyways we're stationed in good old Ansbach, Germany where i wish I could go to Apple bee's or Denny's or somewhere good in the states but instead we have a VERY STAIL german Mcdonalds! :D
YA this is our first child for a while i hope i've swelled up so much. I still havn't gained any weight but my thighs and other things are HUGE and i just look fat instead of pregnant!
So your going back next week for another ultrasound to *hopefully* find out the sex?? Lets just hope yours isn't bad like my sisters baby. Her baby sat there which his legs crossed for the longest time and they tried shaking her tummy and he just wasn't letting loose and so they did a few other things and before she left they tried again and he finally decided to work with them and it was a little boy!!
So what are you hoping for?? How much longer does your Dh have in the Army?? Are you loving the army life or are you a hater of it like me??? :D
Have a great day. And GOD BLESS you also!!

AmyV If my middle name was Amy i would really scared!! :lol: Na my middle name is Danielle they tried naming me after my dad but I didn't quite come out a boy. They said i was a boy the whole time so my name was gonnna be daniel Bruce totally named after my dad and then I came out missin a certain something so they tried keeping daniel in there some how and came up with danielle!
Anyways I'm number 17 weeks today,YA its moving along fast!! I'll be like 18weeks and 6days along when I go in how about you?? How far along will you be?? I'm with you i'm so excited to hopefully find out soon.What are you hoping for?? Have a good day! God bless Tara

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:11 pm 

Hi all Amys and Army wives!

I am AmyJ and due 6/23 with a boy. I am an army national guard wife. We are in NC.

Good luck to all of you and hopefully no one gets deployed anytime soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:01 pm 

Hey, I'm an army wife too! We are stationed at Fort Campbell, KY. My husband was deployed for a year and got back in February, so we are pregnant with the notorious "reunion baby." It was definately planned....we were wanting to try next year, but the war in Iraq messed up our plans! Even with the deployment, I love army life and my husband is planning on making it a career. It's a hard life, and definately not for everyone, but I knew what I was getting myself into when I met and then later married him. It's definately frustrating at times, like when they won't tell you WHERE you are going or even WHEN you are going. I especially don't like Tricare and how the Woman's clinic is ALWAYS busy. You can't even get an annual exam without waiting on a list for months at a time! And when you go into labor, the doctor you've been seeing the whole time might not be there, so you get whatever doctor is on call. Oh well, it beats not having insurance at all!

Armywife, I feel for you.....you are in a totally different country, so far away from family and pregnant. My husband's brother and his family were stationed in Germany. My sister-in-law actually had a miscarriage and then had their second child over there. Her husband was in Kosovo when she had her miscarriage, so it was even worse. Just hang in there and if you ever need to talk, my aol screen name is briankerum and my MSN screen name is kerumsteele. You all have a great day....the military spouse is what keeps the military running! We are a special breed of women....be proud of who you are! :-)
Kerum