Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:34 pm 

I think we are all fearful our babies won't outgrow certain things, but they do. My baby girl wanted to be with me all the time, which was exhausting. This was especially true at sleep time. We found that rhythmic sound like a fan or sound machine provided comfort to her. We turned it on as we were getting her ready for bed or a nap and it became a cue that it was sleep time. It also masked any household noise that might wake her up. I am on the go a lot and we are out during naps. I was given a Sleepy Bee as a gift. It's a little stuffed, portable sound machine that attaches to the car seat or stroller or just about anything. Works great to drown out noise when we are out. (sleepybees.com)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:43 am 

Baby sleep problems have become a nightmare for many parents. White noise machines are also recommended for baby sleep problems.

A simple bedtime routine lullaby or message such as ‘'night night sleep tight'’ is another cue to sleep by making repetition.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:59 am 

1busymommy2 wrote:
I think we are all fearful our babies won't outgrow certain things, but they do. My baby girl wanted to be with me all the time, which was exhausting. This was especially true at sleep time. We found that rhythmic sound like a fan or sound machine provided comfort to her. We turned it on as we were getting her ready for bed or a nap and it became a cue that it was sleep time. It also masked any household noise that might wake her up. I am on the go a lot and we are out during naps. I was given a Sleepy Bee as a gift. It's a little stuffed, portable sound machine that attaches to the car seat or stroller or just about anything. Works great to drown out noise when we are out. (sleepybees.com)

During the nine months spent in the womb, babies are constantly surrounded by different sounds which include the mothers’ heartbeats, sound of blood and other bodily fluids flowing through the body.

After birth however, they are exposed to an entirely different world. Gentle music or forms of white noise can help to make baby feel relax and comfortable.

Music can be used to fall baby asleep. The cds and tapes which produce sounds of nature are also options to make baby fall asleep. Once the baby is used to sleeping with music or white noise, it should be tried to make them sleep without your absence. Music or white noise can be used to help the baby sleep in unfamiliar places such as when you are vacation.