Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:55 am 

Im just wondering if anyone has any tips that could get me pregnant faster...and suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:37 am 

Use this method, it worked for my husband and I on the first try: Have sex on the 12, 13, 14 & 15th day following the first day of your last period. Normally, the 14th day would be the most likely day of ovulation but you never know. Have fun trying and don't get too stressed! :D

Shawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:48 pm 

Like the last post said, 'tried not to stress' as it is soo much harder to fall pg if your are desperate to be pg. Try to put the 'trying to fall' out of your mind, I know it is REALLY hard to do that but believe me it does make falling pregnant a lot easier & quicker if u not worry about being pg. AS soon as I forgot about (or gave up) trying to concieve, I was pregnant the next month. Give it a go.

Post subject: re:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:40 pm 

www.babycenter.com is a free site and has an ovulation calculator that will ask you the date of your last cycle and how many days are in it. It will then give your ovulation days during that month, and for several months going forward. My husband and I used this method and got pregnant the first month.
Also, sorry if this is TMI, after intercourse, if you will elevate your pelvis with a couple of cushions for about 20 to 30 min, it is supposedly supposed to help with gravity and help the sperm travel farther up into the cervix. My husband and I used this as well.
Like everyone else has said, be spontaneous, work with your body, and let nature take it's course. The absolute best advice is to relax.
Good luck and God bless!

Kelli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:31 pm 

I would BD on the 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th 14th and 15th...or use an OPK (I used an OPK and it worked the first time....like a charm!) When finished BDing, tilt your pelvis slightly with a pillow, but just slightly, if you tilt too much the little swimmers will swim behind your cervix. That's what I did and it worked for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:37 am 

When I got preg. I BD everyother day from Day 6(Last day of AF) to day 10 or 12.From then we BD everyday till day 16 and from day 16 till day 20 or 22 we BD everyother day again.So basically we did it for 3 weeks straight,the week before O week of O and week after O.And sure enough I was preg. It's so much better then tryin to find when you Ovulate....I had 2 regular 29 day cycles before I got preg however before that was pretty screwy.It's better then temping/charting etc.Also I have read doing it "too much" is bad but I also read if a man cums every 24-48 hours it helps the sperm be strong & healthy and can even increase sperm count.Who knows?But it worked for me. :D :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:59 pm 

Hi There!

I know how you feel :) My husband and I went through the same thing for well over a year before getting pregnant. I tried everything---Ovualtion Predictor kits, I read books, I did research on the internet, I told my husband not to take really hot showers--which is not good for sperm count, told him to wear boxers and not tighty whiteys :wink: lol!
All of the above advice is good and it's up to you what method you would like to try. The method Isabel Kitty mentioned my husband and I tried but with our schedules and his high pressure/long hours career it just wasn't possible to have intercourse every other day.
If you typically have a 28 day cycle you normally would ovulate at around day 14, or a 30 day cycle around day 16. The BEST way to tell when you are ovulating or just about to ovulate is to check (kind of gross) your vaginal discharge....When it becomes clear and sticky (like egg whites)you will be ovulating I think within the next 24 hrs.
The method that worked for my husband and myself was to have intercourse 2 days before, the day of, and 2 days after ovulation.

Relax, don't put pressure on each other.........even go for a romantic weekend getaway around the time of your ovulation and you just never know............ :D

Good luck and if you have any other questions or just need some
support from someone who's been in your shoes just send me a private message.

Post subject: getting preg
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:37 pm 

What worked for me both times was not planning to get pg!! (lol) I also hear that the sperm are most active and substansial in the morning so have sex every morning!
Good luck!

Post subject: Don't Worry About It!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:07 pm 

My best piece of advice would have to be listen to your body and don't worry about it.

I'm a pretty sexual person, but for about 3-5 days every month I'm like a friggin animal! All I want to do all day long is have sex! It's crazy. It's how I ended up with my youngest.

If you worry about getting pregnant, the stress will affect things. Just let it happen naturally. If you're under 30, it should only take about 9 months. Go ahead and get the predictor kits and things after 6 months if you're still not pregnant. After 12 months, you should see a doctor.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:15 am 

I tried the ovulation predictor tests in a kit. They are a cheaper alternative to purchasing a monitor. My husband and I had been trying and I decided to see when exactly or if I was even ovulating. I was surprised to see that I was ovulating the week after I had thought-according to the ovulation calendar the computer calculated for me. We tried and we got pregnant that month!! After all that time, I was just not calculating my ovulation. I recommended this to a friend of mine and within 3 months she was pregnant. I am not saying this works evertime- but it is a cheap alternative to try to get an idea. I wish you the best of luck and just relax and have faith! It WILL happen for you. If you need any support, just email me!! BABY DUST TO YA********** :lol: