Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:20 pm 

I might be alone in this opinion, but I doubt it.

Yes, we might be coming off as snarky, but keep in mind that we are asked this on a daily basis. One girl even asked seven times. Truth is, we can't answer your question. We're not experts. We're just a bunch of pregnant women who get together and share our current experiences. Most of us probably don't even clearly remember the first couple of weeks. There's really nothing much we can tell you other than to go get tested. What exactly do you want us to say?

For those of you posting your ovulation calendar, most of us don't really know much about that either. There's not much that we can add other than saying, yup that's a possibility.

We try to be helpful and supportive around here, but there's only so much we can do. Yes we are a pregnancy board, but that doesn't mean we're here to determine if you are pregnant. We're here to help with the issues that arise after you discover that you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:39 am 

i said i was sorry , and i didnt wanna offend anyone can we drop this whole topic and move on? please :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:16 pm 

I would suggest for those with such questions, go surf the net for places like webmd for information, go to your local doctor or clinic and get pamphlets on the matters concerning your questions, get educated about your body, about your partner's body, and about what happens during intercourse, and what things can and cannot lead to pregnancy. I would also suggest that message boards are not for such questions. Message boards, are for support and encouragement, not for medical attention and answers to your person questions. Remember that everbody's body is unique and so a message board will not be able to have an answer to your personal question. That's why we suggest seeking professional advice concerning these matters.

Thanks.

~ Becca

Post subject: Im here for support
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:21 am 

Well I say if you dont like what you read move on, For alot of women who are trying to concieve we grasp any sign of hope if that means asking the question 7 times, until you have experienced a loss or have tried for several years unsuccessfully you may never know what some of these women are going through, and if all I have to do is read a post to know that I can offer some kind of support.. post away thats what some of us are here for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:18 am 

You are replying to a post done in March

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:50 am 

That wasn't for women TTC. There are a lot of young girls who frequent by here wanting us to diagnose them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:23 pm 

Most of the women or girls who ask for help on if their pregnant or not aren't asking to tell them if they're pregnant they're just asking in other woman's experiences if they believe there could be a possibility. Not a doctor's report...even just a couple sentences can help someone calm down or cope with it. I thought that's what the message board was for. Women and pregnancy. But ok

Post subject: I'm Sorry
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:50 pm 

I realize that I can go to the doctor and do tons of tests to see if I'm pregnant. However, like other women have stated, I'm only looking for assurance, support, encouragement . . . I've been on Depo for three years and have no clue what it's going to do to my body. I thought perhaps someone here would have been on depo and know if it could cause pregnancy like symptoms or anything like that. However, apparently that question is not acceptable. I apologize - moving on, and finding a board that will help out with my question and my fears.