Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:47 pm 

you know hannahs mommy i grew up most of life with out a father. to be honest i am glad because of the fact i seen my mother all though the years when i was growing up not have to reliy on men. i mean i a very indepent women and i think that had to with a lot of what i seen mother do and what she taught me. She died when i was thirteen and i found her dead but because of the way my mother rasied me i handle her death preatty well and turened out preaty good my self. i also think that helped alot when i was out there tr ying trying to find the perfact man i found a wounderfuly husband and when we have our child i will make sure that if its a girl she will be very indepent and not reliy off of a man and she will be able to take care of her self in a very proper way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:07 am 

Thats wonderful that your situation turned out for the better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:46 pm 
Personally I don't think there is anything "wrong" with you, some women have strong motherly desires at young ages. BUT before you go out and have a baby, take a minute and think about your life, are you really ready to give up your teenage years to be a mother? Are you ready for the responsibilty of child? Knowing that that person depends completely on you for any and EVERYTHING?! If the answer is yes, then you do what YOU feel is right, if not seek some help, there seems to be something alot more self involved than just you wanting someone to love you,something that needs to be delt with instead of covered up and ignored. I hope I was able to help, if you need to talk you can email me at; anayarie@yahoo.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:40 pm 

There is a lot of good things that have been said here. I just want to add one thing. Have you figured out what goals you would like to accomplish for YOURSELF? I mean, are you planning on college? Are you wanting to get married?

Having a baby doesn't make either of these thing impossible, but it can make them more difficult. Think about all of the rewards and consequenses before you make any decisions. And, don't be afraid to take to others. In my area, there is a place called Pregnancy Advice and Aid. They are counselors who are dedicated to saving babies and helping young mothers. Is there a place like this that you can go? It is usually free. Just an idea. It might give you another perspective.

I hope you find the answers you are looking for. No matter what you decide, just be careful. Either way, I pray that you make a decision that you won't later regret.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:50 pm 

Bubbles, you think waiting until you are 16 is an ok age to have a baby? u are just a kid yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:35 pm 

I'm 21 yrs old, I'm married, just had our daughter 3 weeks ago, and I'm a stay at home mom. My husband works full time He plays a big role in our babys life. And this is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life!! I love my daughter with all my heart!!! And I'm sure you would love your baby too! But your soo young! Wait a while hun. I promise their worth it!!

Post subject: I felt the same way
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:40 am 

I have to say, when I was in my teens I could not wait to have a family, babies, husband.... I thought about it everyday, but I knew what the best thing was, so I waited. I got married pretty young, but I finished college, had my first baby at 23. Now here I am with 3 kids, and it is no picnic. I thought it would be shopping with my little girl, baseball with my little boy, and all the fun stuff. After the first smile, first word, first steps there is every single day after that. I love my kids, but man, there is no peace anymore. Believe me, you will always be thinking of how happy you would be if..... Enjoy your life right now, life is not waiting for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:33 am 

I don't think you understand how much work a child is and how difficult it is to be single parent. I AM NOT a single mother but I do know that I would be going CRAZY with out my husband here to help me with our daughter. Seeing as she is colicky at night its sooo hard to handle. I really think you need to just wait and grow up a litte more. I have wanted children since i was 14 too and always wanted to be pregnant by the time I was 18. ( I wasn't sexually active until i was 18.) But I thank God every day that I didn't get pregnant until I was married. I am now 22, was pregnant at 21. Honestly at 15 you will not be able to afford a child. You should get your education first, graduate from high school at least. Having a child while your in school will make your life that more difficult. Education is more important right now. With out your diploma you're not going to get a good job. Granted I didn't go to college but I did at least graduate from HS before having a child. You need to think more of your would be child, stop being selfish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:17 am 

Trust me you want to wait to have kids. Im 20 and i have a 3 year old kid and twins on the way. Even though im getting very excited now and i love all of them its so hard. I work part time my fiance works 2 jobs just to keep the money going. There are so many other things i wanted to do with my life. I wanted a degree and a really good job and then kids not the other way around. And you have no idea how expensive kids are. As someone else already said its not just the little cute moments its every day being repsonsible for someone.
Do think about it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:17 pm 

I am 21 years old and have a three month old. And I wanted to wait to have a kid until we were married for two years. We just had our one year a month and a day after our daughter was born. We spend alot of money on diapers and formula a month. We get by. I work full time and my husband works full time. He works during the day and I work evenings of graves. I am home by the time he goes to work and he home by the time I go to work. But wait to have kids. Kids are alot of work. I didn't go to college. I went into the Army and was discharged becuase I broke my ankle. And it is hard to pay the bills if I cannot work or take care of the baby. But I still work even though I am in pain. I was just like you, but I was 12 and wanted to start a family right away. And now I wished that I would have waited. It is great that I have my daughter right now. Last Oct. we were thinking of abortion but couldn't go through with it. So get your schooling and career started before you have kids. I wished I did.