Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: traveling baby
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:40 am 
ok, so kenzi has pretty much been sleeping through the night, except for those rare occasions when she jsut wants to be awake! well here lately she has been waking up more, not cuz she is hungry, or wet, or poopy, but because the child kicks her feet all the time, even when she sleeps it seems like, and she kicks herself into the side of her crib, and get stuck, then she lets out this pathetic high pitchde whimper that could wake the dead, so i get up and move her, we do this at least 5 timnes a night...

have your little ones done this?!?

thank god for bumper pads!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:43 am 

Hayden used to kick himself all the way into the corner of his crib and cry like crazy! Which way do you lay her in her crib, on her back or belly??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:46 am 
she sleeps on her belly,,,, the child absolutely refuses to sleep on her back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:55 am 
I am lucky, Lily has always been a good sleeper. She moves around before she falls asleep to find a comfy spot and then stays there all night :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:13 pm 

I had to start Hayden sleeping on his belly, so he doesn't scoot himself around anymore.. hmm..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:21 pm 

Jacob scoots much more on his belly than he ever did on his back! But he won't sleep on his back very often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:42 pm 

Hayden is really weird with his legs.. when he's on his back he spins himself around in a circle on the floor.. and he rolled from his back to belly before he ever rolled over on his belly! When he'd sleep in his back, he'd push himself in the corner of the crib.. but on his belly, he just pushes his body up in the air to look over the crib.. How many Moms let their baby sleep on their tummy before they can roll over?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:14 am 

Two words:

(you ready?)

Duct Tape

Happy to help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:17 am 
Lily has been sleeping on her belly since she was born. She refused to sleep on her back.........Steve I tried the duct tape and she chewed her way through! Any others suggestions? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:49 am 

I started putting Hayden on his belly probably at 2 months... he just sleeps so much better that way.. and I just don't tell my Pediatrician - since she told me they can't sleep on their belly until 4 months.But now, I guess it's ok! yays!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:49 am 

My first one would only sleep on her belly so that's what we did. My 2nd will only sleep on his back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:28 pm 

We moved to belly sleeping around 4 months. (Although we did let him nap on his belly once in a while before that) He had slept on his back perfectly fine until then. The first night he woke up every time we laid him down so finally, like the 7th time, I put him on his belly and he kept sleeping!! But we were so nervous and I don't think I slept at all that first night because we kept checking on him :roll:
He is just now starting to sometimes sleep on his back again.