Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Traveling with Milk
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:00 pm 

My daughter is 13 months and is on whole milk now and loving it!

I just have no clue how to travel with it!

She is fine when we run to a store or make small trips, but what can I do when we make plans to have a full days event?

I was thinking about this when I was making plans on taking her to the Childrens Museum. Then it occured to me....what will she drink!?!?

Emily is not a big juice drinker. She likes it and will take it when is offered, but she and me both would prefer her to have milk!

I would love it if I could buy her a carton of milk at a restaraunt. But most, if not all I've been to only have 2% or skim. She has tried 2% before and got a stomache ache.

Just curious of what other parents have done!

Thanks! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:06 pm 

I bought a small insulated bag and put those small blue freezer things in it. Ours also had a small compartment on the bottom to put a snack. I used it for a bottle or 2 then used it for her sippy cup. Worked well for us and not to big.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:09 pm 

Thanks!

I have a bag already. I hope it's not too small. I was thinking about trying to use it. I don't know if her cup and a frezzer thing will fit in there! I will try tonight. I have both bag and frezzer thing so I don't have to buy anything which is a plus!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:58 pm 

I use the travel bag too, the insulated one. Should fit at least two bottles and the ice pack in there. My son never liked ice cold milk at that age so I had the bottle warmer in the car.
Are you in NEw York? Cause I just took the kids last month to the children's museum in Garden City. It was great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:02 am 

New York...no. I live in Minnesota.

Emily doesn't mind cold milk, she just prefers warm.

I put away all her bottles yesterday! YEAH! I bought a ton of more sippy cups yesterday. Hopefully her sippy cups will fit. I can settle for 100% juice box if nothing else.

The childrens museum in MN changes themes every few months. They have had Clifford, Space...everything you can imagine. The theme right now is Castles. Everyone says it awesome.

It's so nice, because they actually have things for young toddlers.

Thanks Again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:20 am 

My kids like things at the very east room temperture. Payton loves her oatmeal very wam. Which is hard cause breast milk can't be nuked.
We have a great children museum about 45 minutes west of us. It has different rooms. Like the sand room where the kids can play on sand tables. Next to that is the bubble room where the kids make bubbles all different ways. They even have this thing where the kids are inside a bubble. Real cute. Then they have the eskimo room, with an igloo and a house to build stuff and make stuff like the eskimos do. NExt to that is the workshop. Kids work with tools and make bird houses. Upstairs they have the blocks and building room. All different kinds of blocks, then they have to circle room, kind of boring, they even have the newsroom where one kid is behind a camera and the others are sitting at a news desk. They have a room with all different telephones and the kids call one another, a computer room, oh and they have a handicap house. Where things are made for people with handicap. It shows you how when the door bell rings or the phone rings the lights flash. Stuff like that. It is so cool. And i just read they are building one on the east end of Long Island which is supposed to open spring 2005. I am guessing that one will be about 30 minutes east of me. But it's also a nicer drive with less traffic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:32 am 

Sounds like ours in MN. They have all that-give or take a few differences- and then they have the huge room where the theme changes- I guess whoever wants to sponsor the space will pick the theme. I have free tickets too, so it's no cost to me. I got them through a play class my daughter likes to go to.

Our museum is in the cities. I live like 20 minutes out from Minn/StPaul. Close enough from where a Target is 2 minutes away, but far enough to see lots of trees, lakes and everything else in the country!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:36 pm 

I am sure New York City has a ton of bigger museums like the one we have here but the idea of taking the kids into the coty is just too overwhelming for me. I hate the city myself so to take two little ones there does not sound like a fun day.