Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: trying again after D&C
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:00 pm 
Hi,
My husband and I just found out last week that at 9 weeks my baby had no heartbeat. So I went in today for a D&C. My question to all you ladies who have had a D&C, is how long did it take for you to get pregnant after the procedure? I know everyone is different, but I am just curious on this. Of course after everything heals, we are hoping that it will happen quickly. Also, any positive ideas on ways of coping? We are handling it much better now, but still have very sad moments. We are trying to make a positive out of this, but it has been pretty hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:51 pm 

So sorry, I'd give yourself at least 1 cycle to let your body recover then go for it! Good luck :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:31 pm 

I am so sorry for your loss. I have had two misscarriages but did not have a D&C with either. With my last miscarraige I got AF 39 days after our loss. My misscarraige was in august so that was just over 5 months ago. We are still TTC#3 I remember asking people how long we should wait and got varied answers. My doctors nurse said we could try again as soon as I stopped bleeding. Others have been told to wait a month or 3 months. A lady I know on another board had a misscarraige and then got pregnant straight away. When I misscarried it felt like my world was crashing around me I was so sad I just didnt really want to function and I would cry over nothing really. I think as the days go by you learn to cope with your grief and even though you never forget you do cope. IF you need to chat please PM me. Take care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:11 pm 

I had a D&C March 15th 2004, we didn't use protection in June, started "trying" in July. I got pregnant in Sept.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:55 pm 
Thank you so much for your replies. We are hanging in there, and I'm starting to feel better. We look forward to trying again and moving on. We were told that we could start trying as soon as the bleeding is over. But we decided to wait it out a month and then begin. Chelle J, thanks for the support, there are good days and bad...but always a light at the end of the tunnel. talk to you soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:23 am 

i had a blighted ovum and i had a D&C because i didn't want to wait for it to "leave" its self. It could have taken a month or so. Anyway I had the D&C in April, got my period in May and was pregnant in June. I now have a healthy happy baby girl. I wish you the best of luck and I'm sorry for your loss!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:18 pm 

I am so sorry for your loss. It is terribly difficult to lose a baby.

I had a D&C on February 14th (what a horrid Valentine's Day!), got my period on March 18th and a BFP on April 14th! Best of luck to you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:18 am 

This might sound crazy, but what does D&C stand for?