Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Trying again...let's see
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:15 am 

Hi everyone.
I was always on this board last year, I always loved it. I had been trying to get pregnant for at least three years.
Turns out I'm still not.
I had to step away for many months.
Turns out, there was a little problem with my husband, but it's fixed now. He needed a little surgery and they claim that we can start trying again in August. Well, here it is...August.
I am due for my period by the end of next week.
Of course I have every symptom known to woman!
I am trying to ignore all.
I have been there done that.
Now, remember, we know that he's fine, what about me? My Doc doesn't think I have any problems. All we have tested on me is my blood to check for any hormonal issues etc. All came back okay.
She told me to try until October, if nothing, then I should come in and they will check me.
(They always check the man first, this is why I am only at this point)

So, here I am back on this board...it looks very different but there's a lot of the same questions.
I wonder how all the ladies from last year are doing now?
Part of the reason I had to stop coming on here was I would see how many were annoucing that they were pregnant after trying for so long. I was happy for them but so sorry for myself.

So...I am now starting back from the very begining.
It's so funny...for the months that we couldn't "try" I never one noticed my PMS symptoms. Something you should all try to think about.
Try not to drive your self insane with every little twinge.
Look at me...giving advise as I clack away here...if I were really ignoring this time of the month, I suppose I wouldn't have come back to this board right?

I wish you all the very happiest baby dust and blue and pink bundles of love, joy and pure happines!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:04 pm 

Good luck to you and your husband,too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:52 am 

Hi Valerie.

I really have to commend you.

Coming back after a year to share with mothers your courage, strength and will to concieve regardless.

With your change of heart, and determination, I hope that all goes well for you. Have faith and believe that it can happen.

All the best to you and your husband.

Post subject: Best of Luck to you
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:55 pm 

Yes it can be done it took my husband and I, 2 years of trying before it finally happened and now here she is due in November. We were beginning to be bummed but all worked out for the best! Good luck please keep in touch!

Kerri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:58 pm 

Thank you all for you're support.
Wishing and hoping and praying!!!

Best to all of you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:36 pm 

Well, this month it didn't happen, so what else is new?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:45 pm 

Hi Valerie!

Easier said than done, but try not too think about it too much.
Enjoy being with your husband, it'll happen eventually :)
Try and stay positive, and Good Luck!! :)

Amber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:24 pm 

I tried for 2yrs desperately wanting to get pregnant. Then I gave up(maybe Nov), didn't think about it and said we would go to a doctor in Jan. Well January comes and I find out I'm preg. So my advice is to not stress over it. Relax if you can and hopefully it happens for you. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:29 pm 

Hey,

I wish you and your husband all the luck in the world and trust me I have been there too. We tried for over two years, went to our doctor, bought the ovulation predictor kits, read books, and bought more than our fair share of pregnancy tests :lol: Then it happened, and we had tried a few different methods......I'm sure you've tried them all but I will tell you anyway.....it could be worth a try.
Our doctor had told us to have intercourse every other day from the last day of one cycle to the first day of the next cylce. That was next to impossible for us with our jobs, and just being very tired. The method that worked for us was to have intercourse two days before, the day of, and two days after ovulation.
For example if you have a 28 day cycle, you would ovulate around day 14,
which means you would have intercourse on day 12, 13, 14,15,and 16.
If your cycle is irregular it is so much harder to determine when you are ovulating. Also your vaginal secretions will change when you are ovulating, the consistency will be like that of egg whites.

Hope this helps. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:53 pm 

Nikki,

YOU are so sweet to go out of you're way like this and give me all this great advice. Thank you.

Um...now, I have a question :oops:
My first day of my last period was 8/26. So that makes today day 8...and I feel like I have that "egg white" thing you're talking about.
What is up with this?

I usually ovulate around 11-14 days...at least that what the Clear Blue Easy kits tell me.
I guess I will pee on another stick tonight to see..and we will baby dance just in case...why not you know?

Thanks!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:34 pm 

The eggwhite cervical fluid usually comes between 3-5 days before you ovulate. Also, I would try having sex every other day when trying to conceive instead of everyday. My Human Sexuality professor said that sometimes if you do it every day trying to conceive, the male will release immature sperm that won't last long enough to swim to the destination needed but every other day will ensure that mature sperm are released that can go the distance. That is just what he said, but I have heard it from other sources too. Best of luck to you and your hubby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:51 pm 

Your welcome! If you and your hubby have the stamina and time, then
you can try the every other day method. If I was you, I would definitely do the "baby dance" day 11, 12, 13, and 14 if you can.
Try it and see what happens.
Let me know in a month........I am crossing my fingers... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:21 am 

I wish u all the luck in the world and i hope u fall pregannt in the next few months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:19 pm 

Hey Valerie! God bless your patience!! I believe it will happen for you!! That this is a "gross out" way to tell, but they say when your discharge is sticky and you can strech it between your fingers, thats when you're most fertile (that discharge is easy for the sperm to swim through). So have sex when you see it!! :D Also, this is not scienctifically proven, but they say if you put a pillow under your hips after sex and lay on your back for 30 minutes it helps. Who knows? It can't hurt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:06 pm 

You are all so sweet.
I know you all know what you're talking about, so I am taking your advise!!!!

THANKS ALL!!! :P :o :wink: