Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:49 am 

My fiance' and i are trying to concieve before he goes off to Iraq...and i feel pregnant...have all the symptoms, but every test i take is negative...anyone have a problem similar to mine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:41 am 

Hi there,

Can I ask why you would like to conceive before he leaves for Iraq? Doesn't that mean that you would go through the pregnancy on your own and he would miss out?

As for experiancing all the signs of pregnancy yet still getting a negative result.... well, you may still be pregnant, but keep in mind that most people trying to conceive all experiance pregnancy symptoms due to them desperately wanting to be pregnant. Pregnancy symptoms are very similar to PMS. But then again you may be testing too soon.

I wish you the best of luck.

Post subject: why.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:06 am 

i am not really sure we are doing it. the thing is...were not REALLY trying, we are just not preventing it from happening. 2 of my friends died in Iraq....and that is just so terrifying. yeah he will miss out on it, but we share a house with my best friend and her husband, so im not worried about being alone. i am used to him being gone on TDY and i am capable of having a baby by myself. it was really hard to post that on the site, when i knew people would be judgemental....i am just really confused on what is happening to my body...and if i do get pregnant, this is the type of site i need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:48 am 

Hi-when is ur next period due??if you do not get your period by the day it is due then you can take a test(if ur period is already late and you are still getting a negative test..wait a few days and take another)if your period has still not come after this and the tests are still showing negative i would suggest going to your gp/doctor and see what they have to say(or calling them)..remember when you take the test even if it a faint line shows up-then you are pregnant although you should still get it confirmed!!

When i took my 1st pregnancy test(the day b4 my period was due-i had a weird feeling i was pregnant cos i just did'nt feel the way i normally did before a period was about to begin)and it was only a faint line that showed up-i thought that because it was faint i probably was'nt pregnant-so a couple of days after my periods were late i took another and the line was much much darker..i went to my nearest walk in centre(clinic) who did a pregnancy test,and they said that my levels of Hcg were really high so their was no doubt-i was defo pregnant..im now 26+3 days pregnant with less than 14 weeks to go til my baby is due :-)
Anyway i hope everything goes fine!! :D
Feel free to email me if u wanna chat any time..this is my email addy ~> Murdermejoey@aol.com

Luv
~*Sam+Bump*~

Post subject: Its really hard to say.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:26 am 

On one hand you could very well be pregnant but on the other hand you could just be stressed and thats causing your body to act up! If your period is late and tests are still coming up negative then you should probably see a doctor.

But keep in mind that stress can cause your period to be late. The other side is sometimes the hormone level that indicates pregnancy is so low it doesn't show up even if you are.

Are you taking the test in the morning with your first morning pee? Thats when your hormone levels will be the highest because the urine is more concentrated. Also if you drink alot of fluids and then test the urine will be delutited. Anyway keep us updated one way or the other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:56 am 

Hi!! I am also from California!! Do you live in San Diego? Getting pregnant or I should say being pregnant while your significant other is away in Iraq is really difficult. My sister's husband has been to Iraq 2 times and is leaving for the 3rd time in a couple week. She got pregnant with her second baby right before he left and had to do most of her pregnancy by herself and it was really difficult on her. The only reason her husband got to come back is because she had huge problems with her pregnancy and was in the hospital for a few weeks and ended up delivering over 2 months early. Otherwise he wouldn't have come back until the baby was 3 months old. When you are pregnant and sick or even just emotional, it is hard to be alone. Just think about it!! I am not trying to sway you one way or the other but I just know what my sister went through and so many of her military wife friends. Best of luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:41 am 

Hi Again,

Sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel as though you were being judged... I was just being nosey. Any way, best of luck if you want to get pregnant. I hope that it happens for you.

Lopke

Post subject: nothing new
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:36 am 

my gyno says its too early to tell...and i cant get a blood test until im on my fiance's medical insurance through the airforce. so im not finding out until he gets back- or if i show positive on a home test- or i get my regular period. i read somewhere that ever if i get my period, i could still be pregnant? my friend said when her mom was pregnant with her, she had her period and didnt know until a regular doc appointment. is that true?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:25 am 

Hi, I totally understand why you would want to get pregnant now.

Hello....her husband will be in Iraq. Turn on the news. if God forbid anything happened, she will have a part of him here with her forever.
Probably most of your parents are war babies people.

I totally understand, and if I were in your shoes, I would do the same.
I really hope that you are pregnat.
Life is so short and un predictable.
I'm sure that your husband will return safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:27 am 

By the way, I hope that I didn't come across as negative to the other posters. I know that they weren't judging you.
No one is.

You are a lucky woman to have such a brave honorable husband and you derserve the very best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:07 pm 

No, it did not come on as mean but it is just your opinion. My opinion happens to be different and that is fine. I respect your opinion as part of your background and way of thinking. I happen to be from a family that has active service people in it as we speak (my brother-in-law left at 4:30 this morning for his 3rd trip to Iraq). I feel as though you shouldn't have a baby just in case something happens to your husband so you have something to remember him by, that to me is hard to grasp. What about the fact that the child will grow up without a dad? That really isn't fair for the child but that is part of the gamble you take in the military. My sister has two kids and if her husband were to die this time while in Iraq they would grow up without a dad as well!! I don't want to come across harsh but this is a major decision that she will have to make. There are many things to consider but having something to remember him by should not be one of them, in my opinion. Hope I didn't hurt any feelings but since you shared what you believed, I figured I could share my views.