Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:40 am 

HE HATES IT! What can I do? The doctor said he should be off all baby foods (formula, baby jars) by the time he's a year old and it's coming so quickly, but my son refuses to eat anything with chunks! I've kept persisting but by the time I'm done feeding him every day, he's in tears and I'm in tears. It's so frustrating. What do I do?!

PLEASE HELP :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:51 pm 

let him eat what he wants till hes ready

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:11 pm 

If it is upsetting him then you need to stop and take a step back. When he is frustrated, he will not try new things. They make baby food with chunks in it, to gradually advance to more solid adult foods. Take signs from your son. Offer adult food as well as baby food, and finger foods, baby cookies etc. it will take time to make the transition, dont force him, or you will get nowhere. Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:07 pm 

HannahsMomma2 wrote:
let him eat what he wants till hes ready

I agree also maybe something wrong maybe he has some kind of sensory thing and thats why. One of my boys has autism and has lots of sensory issues one being food textures. I wouldnt make it at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:58 am 

Hello all, it has been a while since I have posted here. I thought I would offer some advice here since Jackson is now going on 10 months.

It seems that when we first started giving him "real" food he did not like the textures at all. We started him off with cheerios. After he seemed to like those we progressed to small pieces of crackers. It seems that the one thing that he really still does not like is ground meats.. I think the little pieces bother him. He LOVE chicken though :)

All in all it was a slow process for the first couple of weeks. You will know when he is ready. Jackson just was not enjoying his baby food anymore. Start slow and remember to start small. He may get frustrated with trying to pick up the little pieces of food so at first we offered him the food. After a few weeks he absolutely LOVES feeding himself.

Good luck and remember... They do things on THIER time table not ours. We are just along for the ride. :)