Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:55 pm 

I know there are a lot of women out there like me. So, chalk this up to just venting if you want to. I am getting so frustrated.

I was on depo for about a year, and then decided that it wasn't for me. I have been off for over a year now, and have been having a hard time. My hubby and I decided that we would like to have another baby in the near future, and I haven't even been able to regulate my cycle.

My doc said that he wants to make sure that I have a menstral cycle at least once every three months to reduce the risk of uteran cancer...but I haven't. He put me on progestrone...and I had a period. Then, another three months went by with nothing. So, I did another round of progestrone. I have been using ovulation predictor strips to try and pin point ovulation, but no luck there either.

I plan on going back to see my doc soon, but I am just really FRUSTRATED. Any advice, pointers, what have you would be greatly appreciated.

Mostly...thanks for letting me vent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:04 pm 

wow, I was on the depo for a year, and when I got off of it, if I can remember correctly, it took me about a 3 month time span until I got my period again. Maybe your body just dosn't understand. But hey, be patient, maybe you will be able to concieve, even without a period!? Keep your chin up, and feel free to vent all you want!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:30 pm 

Get yourself to that doctor and make him\her do something if you can have a period tyou should be able to have a day 21 test to find out if you are ovulateing ! and honey vent away! I have beenttc number 7 for just over 12 months now and have spent alot of time in tears so your not alone!!!! pm me if you want! I'd love to talk! :lol:

Post subject: It's ok
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:16 pm 

I am going through the exact same thing except I was on the pill. I have been off it now for 4 months and the doctor is doing the same thing to me. I got my period in November and December but didn't get it in January so they ran some test and I was not ovulating. They put me on progestrone and I got my period. I have been using the strips since I got my period and I am on day 16 with no ovulating!!!! I am upset and mad too! I already have one child I can't believe it's going to be so hard to get pregnant with the second. Good news though--I made an appointment with a different doctor for next Wednesday. So if you're doctor is not working maybe you should try another! Good Luck!