Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: TTC our first baby
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:55 pm 

Hi I am new here. I saw this site and was impressed with all the information and experience people have. I also want to mention that everyone here seems really nice. Let me start off by saying I am almost 25. I have been married 4 years. I have been off the pop mini pill since oct 05 (which I started a year or two before--can't remember). Since being off the mini pill I have had irregular cycles ranging from 26-39 days. I don't know if it is because I stopped taking them about a week into the new pack or if my body is just still trying to get back to the regualr cycles I had before my birth control. I didn't actually start ttc until this month feb of 06 because I read that you are supposed to wait until you regulate--which obviously is taking longer than I expected. So, we decided to ttc anyways. I want a baby soooo bad. I hate the waiting game already. :D

Post subject: Keep trying!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:40 am 

Well you and I also sound a lot alike. I also went off the pill the end of October and have not had regular cycles. I want a baby badly too. Have you talked to your doctor? He or she may be able to help you. I go back on Wednesday because I did not ovulate again this month. Once your ready it seems like it takes forever to get what you want! Good Luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:57 pm 

Thanks for replying Sarasmile and Karebear.When I went to the doctor she told me it might take a few months. What would "a few months" mean to her? I would think from Oct 2005 to now (feb 2006) would be long enough! So, as of yet I haven't gone back because I thought I might ttc for another month or two and see what happens. I just wish I knew when I was going to ovulate since I am a little irregular right now from 26-39 days. For this month we decided to ttc every other day until my AF shows up or until I become pregnant. From all the posts on this site ttc seems a lot harder than everyone expects. That worries me. I want a baby sooo bad.

Last edited by short girl on Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:03 pm 

This sounds silly but I am new at this trying for a baby thing. I get my periods and all every month but how do you know if you don't ovulate? (or if you do for that matter).I know it might sound like a dumb question but I am really new at this ttc planning. I have tried to read up on these things but all the sites and books that I have read have said different things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:41 am 

You'll know your ovulating a few different ways. I used to get a pain in the lower left or right part of my stomach. Your discharge could get thicker. You can buy an ovulation predictor kit and start using it right after you get your period, but this can get expensive! Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:13 pm 

Go back to your doctor,they can send you for a day 21 blood test which will show up whether or not you are ovulating,you can also try tracking your temperature,all you need is a basal thermometer and a chart,and you can chart for free at fertility friend .com ,that way you can watch you monthly tempreture and it will help you time when you ovulate. I hope this helps a little I know how frustrating it can be,I have been ttc since January 2005 and have just got a script for Clomid!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:27 pm 

Thanks for all the advice. This is frustrating!! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:14 am 

Well, I just took the Clearblue Easy pregnancy test (the digital one) and it came back PREGNANT!! I am soooo excited. One of the reasons I took it was because my husband insisted on it. Let me tell you why. He said I was having severe mood swings---which he insisted I never have. I would be happy one minute and then 2 seconds later I would be mad and yelling at someone ---and then 1 minute later I would be happy again. ALL this would happen in a matter of 5 minutes. So I took the test hoping I would see the PREGNANT sign. I didn't think that moodiness would kick in this soon since my last period was on Feb 6th. I haven't really had any other symptoms. So I was wondering if the test could be wrong. However, I heard that it is nearly impossible to get a PREGNANT sign if you are not pregnant. What do you think? Should I retest?? I just haven't really had any other pregnancy symptoms!! I am sorry that I posted this under this topic and my other topic what was your first pregnancy symptom.!! I am just so excited.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:56 pm 

i have been charting and that is how i know that i haven't ovulated. which i am going to the doctor friday. and see whats up and what i need to do.