Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Two Questions!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:32 pm 

1.) My baby has started teething... but the thing is we don't see front teeth... we see a lump and what looks like a slit in her gum on the sides. Is this normal?

2.) Tameka use to bed at like 9:00 or 9:30, she would wake up at 2 then again at 5 and then sleep till like 9. Now she is going to bed at about the same time... sleeping till like 12 then at 3, then at 5, then at 7:30.... and then she is up for the rest of the day. I figured should would begin to sleep better at night since she has began to eat a little cereal during the day and is getting older.... she doesn't even nap much during the day... she sleeps at the most 1 1/2- 2 hours a day... usually not even that! Are we going in reverse or what could be happening? I am back to being tired like when we first brought her home!

Post subject: Re: Two Questions!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:47 pm 

Kendra04 wrote:
1.) My baby has started teething... but the thing is we don't see front teeth... we see a lump and what looks like a slit in her gum on the sides. Is this normal?

2.) Tameka use to bed at like 9:00 or 9:30, she would wake up at 2 then again at 5 and then sleep till like 9. Now she is going to bed at about the same time... sleeping till like 12 then at 3, then at 5, then at 7:30.... and then she is up for the rest of the day. I figured should would begin to sleep better at night since she has began to eat a little cereal during the day and is getting older.... she doesn't even nap much during the day... she sleeps at the most 1 1/2- 2 hours a day... usually not even that! Are we going in reverse or what could be happening? I am back to being tired like when we first brought her home!

It sounds like #2 is related to #1. You might want to have the pediatrician check out that tooth. I'm not certain I understand what you're saying, but it sounds like you're saying there's a slit in the front of the gum? If that's the case, the tooth could be coming in very, very crooked. I may be misunderstanding. Either way, though, if your child is teething, expect her to sleep poorly. Don't be afraid to give her plenty of Motrin/Tylenol until you think the process is done. The first tooth is always the hardest one. After that they're more used to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:27 am 

Kendra are her gums white. I know before Mikey cut his first tooth his gums would get white looking. Steve is right if she's teething then that's why she's up. The tylenol before bed wouldn't hurt and the oragel is goood stuff too. I see they now make a night time oragel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:45 am 

Just to add, teething could lasts months before you actually see a tooth erupt. Their teeth slowly work their way up through the gums and then when they reach the top they will usually look swollen and then you will see the white of the tooth. I think my sons gums may look like what your describing so my guess would be it's normal. Her sleep could be from teething like the others said. Does she wake up and just cry or does she take a full bottle? She could also be hitting a growth spurt if she's just hungry. Also whenever my daughter had an ear infection she was fine during the day but was up all night and didn't have any other symptoms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:34 pm 

Oh I forgot about the dreaded ear infections. Those are so hard to diagnosis. Sometimes I think one of my kids are just being cranky then we have a check up and there's an ear infection. Unless there ears are really bad neither one of my kids do the tugging of the ears. So you just never know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:16 pm 

We found another product that works pretty well. It's called Hylands (hope that spelling is right) Teething Tablets. They're homeopathic and have some stuff in them that's supposed to calm the baby and help with the pain. You can give a couple at bedtime. We used them with my daughter and they seemed to help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:45 am 

another good thing for teething is a crust of bread but u willhave to watch them will they chew on it i gave my other 2 kids this when they were teething. Teeth can take months to come inn my first daughter took ages tocome my second daughter cut two teeth at once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:57 pm 

DadSteve wrote:
We found another product that works pretty well. It's called Hylands (hope that spelling is right) Teething Tablets. They're homeopathic and have some stuff in them that's supposed to calm the baby and help with the pain. You can give a couple at bedtime. We used them with my daughter and they seemed to help.

YES YES YES!! These things ROCK!! They work so well....