Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ultrasound
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:25 am 

I am 33 weeks pregnant today and had an ultrasound done today. This is the second one that I have had done in the last month, due to being "high risk" anyways the ultrasound tech had mentioned to me that my babys head is "awfully low" she could not even get measurements of his head. What could this possibly mean... why would it be so low? is this why my hips are hurting me so badly? If there is anyone out there that knows anything about what I am talking about please please let me know, I am dying to know.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:24 am 

With the baby's head being soo low, he/she could be ready to make an apperance very soon!! I dunno didn't your dr check you???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:05 am 

hi, my second child was really low down from about 32 weeks i wouldnt worry to much i went full term

Post subject: Ultrasound
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:19 am 

I see my dr. once a week now. After my ultrasound I had my dr. apt a few days later and I had asked him and he just said "he is getting into place". I am really not to sure what the deal is, probably nothing...... This is going to be my first baby with 1 miscarriage and 1 stillbirth behind me, I am just worried about everything.....

Is it normal that I hurt way down low in my abdomen? it is just real soar... This just sucks.....period.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:49 am 

HI there Nikkijo83

First of all, I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage and stillbirth.

As for pain low down in your abdomen, yes it is normal to be rather uncomforbale during the last weeks of your pregnancy. I cant remember exactly what pains I had (I think your memories of pain and uncomfies all disapear when you aren't preganant anymore... much like one cant quite remember the pain you were in whilst giving birth once you hold your little one) but I do remember moaning to my Dear Dear Husban about every little pain and ache I had (poor poor man... :D )

If you are worried please remember that you are able to go down to your dr. or hospital at any time for a check... I can only imagine your worry concidering your previous experiances. Just try and relax and stay off your feet as much as possible.

Keep us posted on how you are doing...

Love Lopke

Post subject: what is going on here?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:05 pm 

I know that this sounds terrible but I can not wait until this is all done and over with. I just found out that I have tested positive for group B strep. Apparently it is not a big deal but when my DR. told me yesterday at my apt. I was devistated and cried because I have never tested positive for anything like that.. Does anyone know anything about this group B strepthing? I was also told not to have sex anymore until told different because my cervix is all thinned out.. does this mean that he will be here soon? should I start dialating soon? how can I tell real contractions/labor from braxton hicks?? :?:

Post subject: Fever/Chills @ 37 weeks
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:57 am 

one more thing... I have searched the net and could not seem to find any answers and do not want to call my dr. on the weekend unless I know for sure that something is up. For the last 2 days or so I have had the chills and have gotten sick 2 times and I am not too sure what is going on? could I just have the flu or something? should I go to the dr. this weekend? According to my dr. on friday I am 37 weeks. I have been having contractions like crazy but they come and go and do not get more intense or anything braxton hicks I am thinking.... This is going to be my first baby and I am so excited but at the sametime scared to DEATH about what is going on with my body.... is all this normal??