Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Unusual Period
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:20 am 

Hi everyone! I just wanted to ask a couple of questions. First of all I'm 21 and have never been pregnant, so here's the question. About 4 days ago I thought I started my period, however *sorry if this disturbs anyone* I wore tampons like usual for the first couple of days...there was hardly anything on them, so I wore one for a full 8 hours and still it was almost nothing. My period came about a week early *I don't keep exact track, lol just know about the time. Yesterday I didn't even bother with a tampon and I still spotted for a day...but it wasn't the usual color if that makes any sense lol it was darker than usual. I thought it was odd because in my younger years I had irregular periods, but for the last 4 years they've been almost like clockwork. I haven't had any symptoms really, not even menstral cramps. This morning I woke up and I still feel naseous, but not really sick. Just wanted some input on this issue. Also wanted to know about in home preg test because most of them say to use after a missed period, but I don't know if that applies to me or not, or if I should wait another month to find out. Thanks for the help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:34 am 

When I was pregnant the first time, I did not even know. I went to the walk in clnic to get a prescription for BC Pills, and I had to fill out a information form, One of the questions was "was your last period normal" I put no because it was light and did not last as long. They did a test and I was pregnant. I don't think it would hurt to do a prgnancy test.

Good Luck
Let me know what happens

Post subject: Hey
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:23 pm 

You could always just try a pregnancy test since you really don't know for sure. If its neg. and you still are unsure, wait a week and test again. If you can't wait, go and get a blood test done. Don't put yourself in agony over the wait!!:) Sometimes women have a light period the first month or two of their pregnancy, it happens. Or it could be implantation, the baby could of implanted high on your uterus causes you to have light bleeding for the couple of days. You won't know for sure until you test. Remember since you don't know when you are suppose to get your period, it could be to early. Just act like you are pregnant (no drinking etc.) just incase. Better to be safe than sorry. Good luck to you, I hope everything works out the way you want it to.

Hugs~
Amy W.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:26 am 

Well, I had irregular period for a few years, due to the fact I was coming off the BC Depo Provera Shot......It realy screwed me up :(
I took provera to bring on a cycle, then clomid to conceive, but still nada.
I decided enough is enough and didn't take anything anymore.....somehow, my cycles regulated to 27-28 days for 6 months, and the in Feb, I too had an unusual cycle. It came 5 days earier than scheduled, it was light, only when I wiped, I put on a pad, but hardly anything. I told hubby let's do it, to bring it on, but all that happened was the usual spotting and my the toilet bowl would be red after i used it. Sorry TMI :) So, it wasn't like a normal flow cycle, but a short spotty one.
I took a test 1 week later, thinking it was implantation bleeding, but it wasn't. Point is.......even though it was a screwed up cycle, you could still ovulate, and become PG. You don't need a regular cycle in order to ovulate, like I thought......I know becasue Iam 10 weeks PG, and due Thanksgiving:) After 3 years TTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:11 pm 

I say do a home pg test. A few bucks to not have to stress is worth it. And it is possible to be pg and have a period. My periods are like clockwork but had gotten very, very light due to birth control. I came off it and had light to pre-birth control flow. Then, my last period was EXTREMELY heavy. So, It might be possible I was pg then...or not. I'd get the test if I were you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:13 am 

Well hi again everyone, and thank you all for your suggestions! I just wanted to update my symptoms for you all. I know a sure sign would be getting sick LOL because I think I have the strongest stomach ever, I've never thrown up since I was small. Anyway the other day I was in the bathroom changing and I noticed these little bumps all over my nipple area. Then last night I noticed blue veins showing up right threw the nipple. I've never in my life had heartburn or indegestion, but for the last few days, no matter what I eat I get it. Also even though I haven't actually gotten sick, it seems like I am burping way too much and a lot of times when I burp, acid comes into my throat...LOL sorry TMI. But anyway I am definately waiting to test until Mother's Day, because that would be the GREATEST!! I just have a feeling that I am preggo. And I hope a BFP will prove it on Mother's Day! Thanks a lot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:43 am 

Sure sounds like you have the PG symptoms........but won't know for sure until you get that BFP on your test......

Good Luck, and definitely let us know what happens :)