Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Urine Pregnancy Tests
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:19 am 

Hello ladies

I am ttc number 1.

I am 9 days late today (am always regular to day 25 for past 22 months) and this is now day 34.

I have just taken a 'Predictor' test with first morning urine, but the test is saying that I am not pregnant.

Anybody know how good these tests are or anybody used them and got a negative with them but were indeed pregnant?

I am having stomach aches and lower back ache and have been for the past 8 days.

What do you think girls?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:03 am 

Was it your VERY FIRST morning pee? I know that you want the most concentrated urine possible. I had a pregnancy test come back negative when I was actually pregnant, because I took the test early morning, but not that very first pee. On recomendation from this board over three years ago, I took the test again the next morning at four am, and I came back positive!

Also, what test are you using? I know that different home pregnancy tests are able to test different levels of the pregnancy hormone, perhaps someone else on this board knows which tests are the most sensitive.

You could also go into your OBGYN for a test. When I finally got a positive home test, my OBGYN office still wanted me to bring in a sample of my first morning urine (yuck) Call them and see what they want you to do.

How long have you been TTC?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:29 am 

I used a test called Clear Blue and took the test at 6am theres also the EPT home test that's supposed to be pretty good. but when in doubt see the good old doctor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:17 am 

Thanks ladies

Suzanne I used the 'Predictor' test - that is the name of it and it is British test.

Been trying for 22 months, miscarried back last July.

Were you late for your af when you tested?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:19 am 

Amelia, yes I was late the first time I tested, hmm I think only like two are three days. When I tested the second time (with a + result) It was only a day later. Call your doctor and see what ther protocol for pregnancy testing is. They may want to just do a blood test, or perhaps you can bring them a sample tomorrow (again, yuck)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:44 pm 

Thanks again Suzanne.

My hubby has bought me 3 Clear Blue digital tests. I will take one in the morning and if still negative, I will leave it a couple more days before taking the next until I go through all 3. If all negative and af still hasn't arrived, I will call my doctor.

Wish me luck and thank you so much for coming back to me. You have no idea how thankful I am!

Post subject: Amelia --
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:59 pm 

Good luck! I hope this happens for you. As for the pregnancy tests, plenty of people have tested negative when they were actually pregnant. I tested four days earlier than my period and got a positive result with First Response, tested again two days later to make sure (again, with First Response), and then just to be on the safe side I used a different brand one day after I had missed my period (Clear Blue) and it came back positive.... A lot of people have had a good experience with First Response (including myself); that's the one I'd recommend. It detects pregnancy hormones very early.

All the best!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:45 pm 

Awwww

Thank you so much dear girlfriends!

It is wonderful to know that somebody will take time out of their day to answer a gal in need!!!

Nothing esle I can say but thank you.

I will test in the morning and again in two days and again in another 2 days (if not got a positive result that is)

Positive good luck vibes going all you way too!

Amelia
XXX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:45 am 

Hello ladies

I am sorry I haven't been back to you but every time I tried to open the lounge, it wouldn't let me in. Anybody else had problems?

I took the Clear blue test on Friday morning but that too was negative. I haven't tested again since and I haven't had my period yet either so I am not sure what is going on. I have always been regular in the past, maybe this is just a fluke month, I don't know.

Suzanne, thanks for the pm, as I said, I have only just been able to come on so that is why I didn't come back to you.

I think I will just have to wait a couple more days and test again.

My nipples are sore and tingling (like little tiny pins), not sure whether this is a sign of conception.

I will let you know how I get on with the other test.

By the way, I conceived last may but unfortunately miscarried in July. The thing is though, I tested then with the Clear Blue digital test when I was only 2 days late and it came up positive. So do you think that If I had have conceived, it would have shown up positive again by now seeing as I tested much later?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:17 am 

Hi everyone, I'm new here!!!!!

I used EPT and clear blue. The first time I took the pg test was the EPT, it came back negitive. A few days later hubby and I were out shopping and it was only 6 PM and I told him i needt o go home, i' was tired. He said i bet your pg again, ( i miscarried teh first time) i said probably not took a test few days ago it was negitive. Anyway long story short we bought another test, took it the next day and he was right!!!!