Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Very faint line
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:04 pm 

Hello...I've posted here a few times. This is my second month of TTC and I have two little boys. Last month didn't work out...now i'm hoping this is for real. Let me ask you a question regarding the pregnancy test, I used e.p.t Well, my first last period was on Oct. 3rd and seems to me that i have wacky cycles. I haven't gotten my af yet (a few days late) and I only saw some very tiny brownish spotting, only when I wipe and last for a few minutes, happened on Nov. 1st. Anyway...nothing happened until I took a test this afternoon and it came out negative. I threw it away in the trash....felt funny and I knew something was not right, like about 45 minutes later...decided to recheck....there it goes, I see a very very faint line. Of course I know I took it too early....i'm asking you if you had that before? What does that mean? I'm not trying to get my high up.....thanks for your time. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:41 pm 

do you mean you took it out of the trash and checked it after 45 minutes? If so, it is unreliable. When I took my EPT it took about 10 seconds to show 2 lines (of course I was already 6 weeks pregnant and didn't know it). Read the instructions, I think they say 3 or 5 minutes. After a certain time frame it is no longer valid. I would wait a couple more days and if still there is no period retest. Or you can get a blood test which will be 100% accurate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:32 pm 

Yes I threw it away right after 5 minutes because it was negative...i didn't really pay attention to the window. Strange....I took it out of the trash and rechecked. There it goes....very faint line. I just wanted to see what you all think about this one. CRAZY huh? I'll wait for a few days.

I used e.p.t the first time with my son that was about 1 second to show up because I found out at 13 weeks due to implantation bleeding, lasts for 2 days...didn't know what that means until i got morning sickness (really bad) made me feel miserable. My husband said "you're pregnant" I didn't believe and then he brought me a pregnancy test (ept) to surprise me. So, he was right. Then I used ept. the second time with my another son when we were ttc in the first month of trying....the line took about 5 minutes because I found out at early 4 weeks. So, I will take another test in the next few days from now. See what happens.

By the way, congratulations on your baby girl that's due in Feb. Very lucky you...cuz I want a girl this time and i have two little boys (age 4-6) Doesn't matter what girl or boy will be....as long as it's healthy Good luck and one thing, I read about PUPPS...have no idea what that is. Talk with your doctor. Hope it is not serious. Let us know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:21 pm 

I called the ept for info. The operator said if there is a faint line that means positive. It does not matter what the shade is as long as u see a pink color in the line it is considered a positive test result and unfortunately individual sensitivity the visibility of the shade of the line is unknown the sensitivity of the body or the urine anything could cause that shade it is unknown. That is a positive test result we do recommend at this time to go speak to a doctor. Or try the test later if I feel like.

Looks like I made it this time!! I will call the dr. and make an appt. for next week. I will keep you updated soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:51 pm 

I had a very faint line when I took my test. Turns out any shade, no matter how faint, means positive.

I recommend trying one of the digital tests. Really easy to read.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:32 pm 

Wait.....if it turned to 2 lines after the 5 minutes, it is no longer valid. You can't check 45 minutes later and expect those results to be accurate. THat is why they have a time limit. It needs to turn positive within that time frame. Even if one of the lines is faint you are pregnant BUT they have to show up in the alotted time. I hope you get the results you want!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:18 am 

I walked away for 45 minutes and came back again to recheck. The faint line was there before I threw it away...didn't think that was positive...I was going to try another test later.

I have an appt. with my doctor that delievered both my boys for next week. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:04 pm 

Oh...if it was there before the 5 minutes then you are pregnant. I hope so for your sake!! Good luck at the doctor!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:07 pm 

Took another test....I'm very definitely PREGNANT. What a surprise!

Have a dr. appt. on Nov. 23rd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:09 pm 

Congratulations!! :D I am so happy for you!! Good luck with this pregnancy and I hope you get the girl you want!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:15 pm 

Congrats. I've had negitive tests and have never saw a line appear ever if I wasn't pregnant. Most of the time if a line is there, even after longer then the test says.. it usually turns out to be a positive.

Post subject: So happy for you!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:47 am 

congrats to you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:22 pm 

Congratulations. No matter how long it takes if it is a faint line you are pregnant. I took an ept too! I called them twice so good luck!