Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Very Irregular
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:45 pm 

I have extremly irrregular periods. How long after intercourse or when i think I ovulated should I do a preg test?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:51 am 

I would like to know as well as I am in the same boat as you. I took one yesterday but am not due to get my period until the 1st, if it's regular, which is never. It was negative but the line was so faint that I could barely see it, not that that means anything. Hope someone replies!
Good luck :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:46 pm 

For your peace of mind, a test is pretty cheap (get a 3 pack). I'd wait until you think you probably should have had a period and test. Then do it again in a week or two if it still hasn't come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:31 am 

Well, I was irregular for 3 years and TTC. My doc told me to mark the first day of my last cycle and wait until the same day the following month to test. So, if your last cycle was June 1......test July 1. Even though you are irregular, it's best to act like you are regular when testing. It's so hard to pedict, but you have to give yourself somesort of time frame. Have you though of going on Provera? It regulates your cycles every month. It's not BC, but brings on your period on a reg time frame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 9:05 am 

Vicky,
I am the one that replied earlier and am also irregular. I took test after test and they were all negative I finally went to the Dr. for a blood test because I was bloated and my breasts were a bit tender, pretty much, I just had a feeling. My last periods were almost two months apart, so maybe that conributed somehow to the negative result. Anyway, my blood test came back positive. yEAH!! If I were you, I would just go to the Dr. if you feel like you are. With irregular periods maybe it's harder to tell and blood tests if you have insurance are actually much for financially practical.
Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:46 am 

Dear Trying.........this message is for you.........

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

So, when are you due?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:25 pm 

Desert Mom ,
I just got my blood test result yesterday, am still on cloud nine! Going for first Dr. appt. June 7th, per Internet calculators, I believe that the due date will be around Jan. 5th. are first babies usually early or late? My husband and I are sooooooooooooo excited! Thanks for the well wishes!