Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:32 pm 

Hello everyone - I'm 28 years old and have been married for over 6 years. DH and I have recently decided to TTC. This was our first month without BC, and I believe my cycle is 25 days - so we calculated ovulation and went by that. I just took HPT yesterday, which was negative. It supposedly can test positive 4 days before AF, but that's still not 100%. I guess what I"m going through now is kind of what a lot of you are going through - anticipation and thinking it would be too good to be true to get pregnant so quickly. I almost don't want to test because I know I won't be lucky enough to have a positive - does that sound crazy??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:32 pm 

Most early HPT are only something like 50% accurate 4 days before. Wait until the day you're suppose to get your period to test. Also, if you're not using first pee of the day, try to hold it in for at least 4 hours to bring up the concentration of HCG.

I went off of birth control at the end of June. I tested positive middle of July. You can get pregnant that quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:45 am 

Hi Firstbaby28 and Welcome to the board.

No, you are not crazy, but believe me, you may become crazy. I have been ttc for 16 months. I did get pregnant but unfortunately lost the baby. This is month six of trying since then.

It can take over your life (it has taken over mine) I am now slightly crazy, although I was practically saine when I started. I am only having a bit of fun here (hope that doesn't offend anyone).

I know that some ladies have been trying a lot longer than I have and it can be very upsetting to keep getting that negative and, on the other hand, there are ladies that get pregnant quite quicky. So, I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you get that BFP very very soon.
I send you lots of babydust but blow a little bit back my way will you??

Have you been having any symptoms??

Amelia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:31 pm 

Thanks so much Maryam and Amelia - I think like everyone else that I read about, I have symptoms - but they're probably mostly a result of my mind! It seems my bb's are more tender than usual and I've been having crazy, crazy dreams for about 2 weeks now! I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly Maryam - and Amelia - hang in there! I'm sure that your time will come soon!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:47 am 

I dont know anything about cycles ... I wanted to get pregnant so badly i gave myself ilusions of "WHAT IF" :shock: and actually felt the symptoms that i had put into my head , and then when i stopped trying to conceive and stopped thinking about it POOF :wink: i got pregnant :) im 23 weeks now and so happy ...

and i wish the best to all the girls trying to conceive and wish you all good luck and hope you all get to it in the end :)

x0x0x

i have my own pregnancy website open : http://notrepremierbebe.tk