Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:10 pm 

*I seem to have gained a lot of weight these past two weeks... usually I gain a pound or stay the same... but I am not showing my pregnancy anywhere, but my stomach. People can look at me from the back or front and not really tell I am pregnant till I turn to the side. Anyways, my stomach is really TIGHT and I have no stretch marks...itching...etc. I can almost always feel the baby because it is so tight! Do you think that a lot of the weight could be going to the baby? Or do I just need to watch what I eat more often??

* Does a lot of weight gain and not much bodily change to mommy (except the belly) mean it is going to be a big baby? My husband and I both were quiet LARGE babies and I am scared that ours will be. Is there anyway to tell how big it could be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:04 am 

Every time I have an appt. they measure my belly while lying down to see approx. how big the baby is. They just use a small measuring tape. A lot of weight gain doesn't necessarily mean you'll have a big baby. I gained tons with my first and had a small baby. They say to add your's and your husband's birth weight then divide that by 2 and it gives you a rough estimate of what your children will weigh. I wouldn't worry since you said your just getting a belly, that makes it easier to lose the baby wieght.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:39 pm 

Try this site for weight gain info:
http://www.thehelpline.org/pregnancy/3rdtrimester.htm
Your baby will be here soon! Congratulations Mommy! :D