Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Weight Loss after baby
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:10 pm 

Anybody have some good tips on losing weight after having children? I gained tons with my 1st all over and only lost a few after birth. My 2nd I lost most with the birth-gained mostly in belly. I'm NOT one of those people that look like they've never had kids, unlike all my friends. They have their old bodies back it seems like right after delivery. I stay at a steady weight but can't seem to lose. Thanks.

Last edited by Mom of 2 on Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:55 pm 

Hi,

With my first, pre-pregnancy I was 120 lbs, and I ended up at my last checkup weighing in at 167 so I gained quite a bit of weight. As you know I had a c-section so I couldn't start exercising until my 6-wk post-partum checkup. What I tried to do on a regular basis was walk if the weather was nice, also I did sit-ups (crunches and reverse crunches) and did some weight lifting at home and not a gym.
I ended up losing all of my weight except 5 lbs so I have been bewtween 122-125 lbs over the last year and a half.......it took a while to really start losing it.
Also, I always try to take the stairs when I'm anywhere and not the elevator. In the summer I cut our front and back grass when I'm not too tired.......anything to get some sort of exercise. In the summer after supper my husband, myself, and my son will go for walks to the park or mall instead of driving.
Right now because I am pregnant again I have cut out the situps but have been trying to use my mom's treadmill 3 times a week......again if I'm not too tired and that's about it for exercise except for chasing my son around :lol:

I have heard it is also harder for women who have had a c-sec to lose the tummy fat but I think if you really, really work at it with the situps you can almost get that flat belly back again.....
I do not diet but I try to eat as healthy as I can and I eat carbs like crazy! I always have and it's never affected my weight negatively.

Good luck!

Post subject: baby weight
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:11 pm 
I have had the same problem. I have had only one baby , for now. But I have foud a few thing that did seem to help me.
I started drinking a lot of water, this made me feel better and gave me more energy. I was supprised because everyone always said it would, but i didnt believe it untill i tried it.
Also I try to take a walk every even if its just for 10 or 15 minutes.
I didnt think that walking was actually doing anything for me at first but the days that I didnt walk seemed to drag a little.
And last, I found a dvd called mtv's palites. This dvd is my favorite. I have NEVER been much for working out at all, and there was no way I have time or money for a gym. Every time Im doing these exercises I feel so great. some things are hard and I cant do yet and some things seem so easy and i find myself thinking , "how could this be doing anything" untill the next day. which brings me to the best part of all. You know when you do some exercises and your so sore the next day you wish you never exercised in the first place? Well, that would happen to me a lot. with this dvd I would fell like I exercised but in such a good way.
Everythng is focused on the belly and strenghtening it, but in small doses. theyll do one exercise for a minute or so and Ill feel like I cant do this, but by the end of the dvd Im like "it that it? its over already!" even after the first day I noticed how I paid attension to how I held myself more and it made me feel great.
I weighed 115 before Maxx, and was 175 while pregnant with him.
Ive been doing the dvd for about 2 months now and im already down to 149. Its not my goal. Its been gradual and not hard, in fact enjoyable. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:03 am 

ive been lucky when i had my son my stomach went flat again and i could wear my clothes i had before i had my son.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 am 

I had my baby girl 2 months ago. I lost about 30 lbs in the first two weeks(mostly my belly) and 7 lbs after that. I still have about 13 more pounds to go. I have been eating less portions,drinking water and just recently started pilates. Good luck on losing the weight!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:10 am 

hi c@rylon can u tell me whether u meant the dvd thats there in the following link?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s=dvd&st=*

Cheers
Kirthi