Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: weight problems
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:56 pm 

apperantly i can't gain weight :? i just got home from the doc and i have lost two more pounds (six all together) she did not seem to awfly worried about it but i kind of am. the babys heartbeat is really strong and she said everything is fine(except my smoking :( )just wondering has anyone else had problems gaining weight? thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:01 pm 

I lost 4 pounds in the first trimester. I started gaining around the 13 and 14th week. I don't want to sound harsh, but if you are smoking how do you expect your baby to be healthy?? If you aren't healthy your baby won't be either. You need to STOP smoking!! Do you know that your baby could have birth defects? And you're at higher risk for premature labor and a low birth weight baby?? I know an addiction isn't easy to kick, but isn't your baby worth it? There is a number to call posted on this site under the post "Did you quit smoking during pregnancy?" You should call and try to stop. We are here to support you and please feel free to talk to any of us!! :) You can do this and trust me your baby will be healthier for it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:20 pm 

Yea, alot of women actually lose weight in the first trimester. It depends on your weight before you got pregnant and also if you've had morning sickness and have been throwing up alot.

About what babystar said: I'm sure she knows the risks involved in smoking during pregnancy! She probably feels like a heel every time she lights up like I did!!

I used to smoke and I think (if I can remember correctly) I quit around the end of my 1st trimester. My doc said that was alright to have a smoke or 2 a day. (most things are ok in moderation like caffene for instance) I just kept cuting down untill I didn't even want them anymore. Like people say: do something else when you get a craving. It's really not as hard as some people make it out to be! Good luck on quitting! And with your pregnancy as well!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:34 pm 

i am quiting but its not that easy. i used to smoke a pack or more a day and now i don't even smoke a half a pack. with the weight thing i didn't have mourning sickness in my first trimester and iam in my second now and still losing weight. my baby is very healthy and when i got my blood work and my urine test back they said i was very healthy too. maybe it is because i have been eating differantly since i"ve gotten pergo i don't know. thanks for the advice and any more would be great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:20 pm 

Well you've cut down alot, thats good just keep going! I don't know why it was so easy for me... probably a combination of reasons. About your weight; If your doc isn't concerned and says you are healthy then I wouldn't worry! I know how you feel though.. I worry alot too, not about my weight really but I know that being pregnant (especially if it is your first time) there are ALOT of things to worry about! :D Just call your doc for reassurance if you ever worry about anything! That is what they are for!