Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:59 pm 

I just had my ultrasound last week and am so excited that I'm having a boy! All 3 of my brothers, (I'm the only girl) have girls, (4 between them) and my husbands 2 sisters have 3 girls.. so it's really exciting that I'm having a boy...
My question is how often are the sonograms incorrect? I know of a friend who was expecting a boy and got a girl and another friend that was expecting a girl and got a boy.
I'm pretty sure we are in the clear, my baby wasn't shy and we saw a peepee at several different angles, the nurse tech didn't even have to tell us what we were having. I was so impressed with the detail of the u.s., We saw his eyes, his mouth move and him stretching out to touch his toes.. it was awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:16 pm 

Well it is never 100% accurate. They mistake girls for boys more often than the other way around I've heard. But then again if you got a clear veiw then I'd say that the chances are pretty high that it is correct. I've had to have about 4 ultrasounds so far and I've had 2 different techs. say that they thought it was a girl so thats what we're goin with!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:35 am 

I agree with Hannah's Mommy. Nothing's 100%. I have 3 friends they told were having boy's and at delivery, Oops it's a girl. The bad part is they bought all girl stuff and one got rid of her boy stuff-they were so sure. With my son we had a full frontal and we knew before the doc said also. So I would say if you saw the penis AND testicles then I don't think they'll disappear. Congrats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:47 am 

with my first i was told it was a girl and it was with my 3rd they said a boy and it was but i was like u untill he wa born.

if u have a next scan ask again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:13 am 

You can never be 100% however I have 2 children and ultrasound tech said we were having a boy and a girl and both times were right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:05 pm 

They were right with both of my sister's kids. I had two ultrasounds so far and at the first one there was the ultrasound technician and then a doctor came in to make sure that he didn't detect anything wrong that she didn't and both of them said I am having a girl. At the second ultrasound (which was a 4D ultrasound) the lady also said I am having a girl. So....with 3 people saying it's a girl I went ahead and have gotten PINK EVERYTHING!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:47 am 

LOL Same here!! I've got 2 diferent techs. saying it is a girl so it darn well better be a girl! Her room is girly and she has all pink girly clothes and dresses and well... if it is a boy then it is gonna be a very "feminine" boy LOL!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:52 am 

It really depends on your doctor. Ask how many times he/she has been wrong!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:46 pm 

Everyone is right, nothing is 100% accurate. Although with both my babies the techs were positive. With my son even we saw the penis. The picture was so clear. And with my daughter the tech showed us the vaginal lips. When we asked the tech how accurate the son's were she said 95% if they say it's a boy and 87% if they say it's a girl. But she also told us to keep in mind some babies aren't facing the right way or they move to much. Also both techs said at that point they had a 100% accuracy rate.