Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What happens...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:40 pm 

If my water breaks while I'm @ work? :-( Since I work in retail this worries me, because if I am waiting on a customer or something, I am going to be so embarressed! :oops: Is there any sign that you know your water is going to break, so maybe I could make a dash for the bathroom or soemthing? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:58 am 

Ah, the age old fear of mothers-to-be!

My wather did not break to start labor so I really don't know from first hand experience. However, I hear that if your are standing up when your water breaks, that your baby's head acts like a stopper, so the fluid leaking out won't be a big rush of fluid like it may be if you were laying down.

IF your water breaks at work, you will probably just feel a little trickle running down your leg, or maybe even just in your panties.

Ahhh, the FUN of being pregnant! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:01 am 

see LOL! thats my problem! As of right now, I have a wet discharge, that kinda feels like every once in a while I am slightly peeing myself. So I wonder if I am going to be able to tell!? I mean i could care less if I am walkin in a wal-mart or soemthing, but AUGH! I dont wanna be at work! OY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:56 pm 

Not a whole lot you can do there. Mabey you should take off work now? You will know when your water breaks. I had mine broken in the hospital THANK GOD! It is terrible, fluid gushing out all over the place! I did get up once in a while to go to the bathroom and it still gushed out all over the floor...poor nurse haha! Just keep your fingers crossed that it wont! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:08 am 

I think you should take to wearing a pad, my waters broke with my first standing at the counter waiting to see my doctor for my 40 week check up! How lucky was that ! It wasent actually alot,it just felt like a slight gush ,maybe 1\2 cup and really sticky! but every one is different ,so I 'd wear that pad!Good luck :lol: