All times are UTC - 5 hours

I'm 15 and My boyfriend and I want a baby but everyone says we should not
yes we should 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
no we shouldn't 86%  86%  [ 44 ]
maybe u should follow ur hearts 10%  10%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 51
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:34 pm 

I wish you will wait. Why can't you wait intill you are married? Why is he soo old dating a child? Think about it first. What he did to his first wife can happen to you. A child is a lot of responsibility. If he loves you tell him to marry you and make sure you are not staying with your mother. And he is finiacially able to take care of you. What are you going to do after high school. It is hard out here in the world without an education. Be real to yourself first. Men will tell you anything you want to her. Don't play yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:36 pm 

hi there,how long have you and your boyfriend been together?this is really a big decision to make and your only 15!like some people have said on here it is your decision we can only give you advice and my advice is to wait, you have plenty of time to have children,i had my first at 23 and my partner and i have been together for 8 years and i have no regrets.good luck and i hope you make the right decision :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:36 am 

no way I had my daughter at 29 and im so glad i waited,go t college have fun go to parties go shopping spend time by your self first trust me in the long run its so much worth it more.

Ann

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:53 pm 

I also say WAIT!! I had my first child at 25. I had wanted a baby from the time i was about your age. After i had her it dawned on me that there would have been no way for me to handle doing it when i was still a kid myself. PLEASE live your life....be a teenager. Don't be a mother yet. Believe me you will miss it dearly if you loose your childhood. I lost mine for other reasons and it hurts me to this day. Think about any child you might have at this age also. It would be terribly unfair to that child to not be able to provide everything he/she needs everyday. It takes a lot of life experience to be able to raise a child. They don't come with instructions.

IMO if you have to post a poll to know whether you should have a baby or not then you most definately shouldn't have one. Babies take a mature person who can make decisions for themselves and be responsible for those decisions.

I always thought i should be in a hurry to have a baby. In fact there is no hurry at all. I thought if i didn't have my kids while i was really young then i wouldn't enjoy them. Well i am 27 now, married, 2 kids and TTC 3rd.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:13 am 
Site Admin

Everyone, I'd like to point out that Jasmine never came back after she posted this poll.

The Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:36 pm 

I was going to say the whole thing seemed kind of fishy......a poll asking whether she should have a baby or not.....and then not responding to any of the posts or advice given.