All times are UTC - 5 hours

I'm 15 and My boyfriend and I want a baby but everyone says we should not
yes we should 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
no we shouldn't 86%  86%  [ 44 ]
maybe u should follow ur hearts 10%  10%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 51
 Post subject: what should i do
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:41 pm 

:? HELP ME !!!!!!! I'm 15 and my boy friend and i want a baby . But my mom and everyone thinks we should not have a baby but we want to. He is 19,Everyone says i am to young for this and i can't make up my mind. Please i need help should we do what we want or should we wait . He will wait if i ask but i want a baby and so does he , please help me choose it would really mean alot to us .

Post subject: baby
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:44 pm 
hiya jasmine,my name is anna im 18 and come from england.

if you and your boyfriend are really in love then its up to both of you but do you not think you are too young.im 18 and i think that i am.how long have you actually been with this lad?

Post subject: oh my
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:16 am 

your so young and are you ready to give the rest of your teenage years up??? im 17 having my first baby(not first pregnancy) i was 15 and wanted a baby but when i became pregnant i realized i couldnt raise that baby becasue i didnt know if i was going to be with the father long term, or if he was going to take off. im 17 and i worry every day that my b/f and i will grow apart and the baby will suffer but i also know deep down that i want this baby and i am willing to give the rest of my life to this baby. just think you might not be with you b/f for long and he may move on.

Post subject: HIYA
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:19 am 
yes i know that but i could never get rid of a baby.your right about my bf he could move on i live with him so he would have to tell me to go.see he's alot older than me im 18 and he's 34 big difference isnt there but we dont care cos we love each other and thats all that matters.he's really chuffed that im havin a baby cos he wanted another one he's already got a girl to someone else he was married before but it didnt work out cos she was being a bitch to him.then a few years later i got with him and we are so happy.

i guess we have to take each day as it comes.

hope to hear from you soon

Post subject: please read this
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:34 am 

i understand what you are all saying i'm 20 with a 7 month old baby boy.. i wouldn't trade him for the world but i wish i had waited.. :cry: my b/f at that time said he was gonna be there if i gt pregnant the minute i found out i was pregnant and finally told him he left me 4 months pregnant and alone.. :cry: me being a senior in high school then it was very tought for me... now i'm a single mom raising him on my own with no help and working adn PLUS going to school and let me let you its far from being easy... i'm not sayin you are one of them.. but young kids these days that think takin care of a baby is so much fun and is so easy... lets give them a reality check.. let them take home my son over night and we'll see just how easy being a mother is.. when they are sick or teething.. its not easy.. there are times that i wanna just throw my hands up in the air and says i quit but i can't do that.... if there is anyone out there that wants advice before they every try or decide to have kids you can always PM me and i will reply asap.......

Jessica
Mommy to Blake Austin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:02 pm 

Trust me i know it's hard, my friend is giving me her twins to take care of for a bit while she goes away, they cry alot, they dont sleep at night, the crap alot, but im lucky to be in the school i am because they have a day care program in the room across from me, and i can stop doing work when ever it's time for the baby to eat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:17 pm 

shorty.. i wasn't pointing that at you... i'm just saying i wish that gurls that are still in school and still have to do growing up would realize the consquences of having a baby.. they think its all fun and games and its far from it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:28 am 
Wait, wait, wait!!! With babies come SO much responsibility. Enjoy being fifteen while you can. I can't say having your own baby isn't fun, but there are the hard parts. Getting up every hour at night certainly isn't fun. Colic and puking aren't fun. Diapers cost a million....Do yourself a favor and wait on a wee one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:17 pm 

Don't do it, this is coming from a person who grew up watching my parents hate eachother for getting pregnate when they were so young, and as they put it stuck together. Enjoy your teenage years, because once the baby is born your social life will no longer exist. at least finish school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:20 pm 

Girl are you crazy?! Sorry to sound harsh but you are 15. There is no way in the world that you are ready to raise a child. Have you graduated from High School? Do you have a job? A place of your own? What about your boyfriend? Do either of you plan on attending college? Trust me if you can say no to any of those questions you most certianly do not need to have a child. Do you really want to miss out on your youth?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:09 pm 

My personal opinion is not to have this baby YET. Your are only 15 hun... you have alot left to do. I think its best to wait... but its up to you. See you :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:45 am 

Hi I'm 16, engaged to the love of my life and I might be pregnant. I wont know for another 2 weeks. It's definitly very scary to wake up and realize that soon i might be a mother. Im way too young for this. Im definitly going to miss being a teenager and having fun and going out with friends and things like that. When you are young there are also big possibilities that the baby wont make it. Please do some research, talk to your parents, family, and doctor. You should really live your life now and be a kid. Being a parent will be a huge responsibility. Im really scared myself and I dont know how to handle all of this. I want a baby but not now. im too young. Im not even out of school yet. I pray everynight that things will work out okay but I really dont know what could happen. I wasnt planning on being pregant. Its scary. Please think about your decision. *Best Wishes*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:35 pm 

I am 25 and married, and i find it EXTREAMLY hard with my first baby. My advice to you is if you guys truely love eachother and want a baby PLEASE for the sake of your sanity and that baby's life wait. Make sure you are FINANCIALLY able to take care of eachother, bills, dr bills, hosptial bills and all the baby stuff your going to need..... Its a hard thing to do and ike i said even at 25 its rough.... Good LUck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:05 pm 
Wait! What's the rush? If you were old enough and mature enough, you wouldn't have to take a poll. A baby isn't a game of chance that is left to a bunch of strangers to decide. Grow up first. I'm not trying to be harsh, I just don't want to see you make a mistake and regret what you did. You have plenty of time...slow down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:27 am 

I am almost 19, and having my first child. It WAS an accident. She was not planned. I wish that I could have everything the same, but in about 5 years. As much as you want a child, you have to remember the childs best interests too. IF you boyfriend leaves you, what are you going to do? You cannot even get a job yet. How are you going to support that child? And when you can get a job, most states have a max. amount of hours (usaully around 25) you can legally work until you are 18. Do you think that you could support a child on 25 hours a week, making 5.50 an hour? How about school? Daycare? You have to finish school if you want to give your child a future. How are you going to pay for daycare? Becaue you cannot recieve assistance until you are 18. My mother is a daycare provider for the state. Her non-state pay amounts are lower than most people, and she charges $140 a week for infants. You wouldn't even make that much working at your job. Than you still have diapers, formula, clothes, the essentials for a baby (crib etc), medical, the list goes on.

My sister decided she wanted a baby at 15. Than she decided she didn't want it. But, it was too late. Now she is a single mom (yes the dad left) and she is trying to live on her own. TRYING. But, do you know who is suffering? Not my sister. MY NEICE. She is tossed around from home to home. My sister couldn't afford to buy her clothes for summer, and she was wearing winter clothing in 100 degree weather. You may think you can do it, but so did my sister. My sister is not a good mother. She goes out till all hours of the night. She missed her childhood. She wants it back now. She keeps the baby out till all hours of the night. She doesn't care.

Just wait. There are enough teens out there who accidently get pregnant, and a child suffers. Make the responsible decision and wait until you can give that baby the best that it deserves.